Author Topic: Mulgrue family in Canada and UK  (Read 700 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Mulgrue family in Canada and UK
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 January 22 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Canada Voters List 1949 - Electoral Dist Cochrane - William Mulgrue (chef) and Mrs William Mulgrue

Canada Voters List  1953 - Broadview - Bain Avenue. William Mulgrue (chef) and Mrs William Mulgrue (clerk)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 January 22 14:44 GMT (UK) »

According to anc tree - Daughter Vera Mulgrue born 1907  - died 1990 Ontario and was married to Arthur Edward Snelling born 1906  :-\

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 January 22 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, Sandra and others, for all this helpful information.  Yes, this is the right family and all the names which you mentioned are familiar to me.  I was not sure whether Raymond was born in England or in Canada, as the family travelled between both countries several times. My late brother and I were actually in touch by letter and phone with both Raymond and Vivian many years ago, when they were indeed living at Lilacside Drive.  Raymond was keen to fill me in on his family history - he was the birth uncle of my late brother, who was the son of his sister Iris and had been  adopted as a baby by my parents while Iris was living in England.  Although my brother never got to meet his Canadian relatives, his son was able to visit them and was told that he looked just like his grandfather William!
Thank you again.  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 14 January 22 19:07 GMT (UK) »

Pleased to be able to help. Lovely that you were able to be in touch with Canadian relatives.

Sandra  :)