Author Topic: help with mcdonnell/lynch family  (Read 59 times)

Offline riannisuileabhain

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
help with mcdonnell/lynch family
« on: Thursday 13 January 22 20:46 GMT (UK) »
hi - hit a bit of a brick wall and im looking for help.

my g grandmother rosanna mcdonnell was born in 1902 to parents Thomas McDonnell and Rosanna Lynch.

i cant find them in the 1901 census.i also cannot find their children who wouldve been 10, 7, 5, 3 and 1 at the time. (however i think this might just be because the record is not online.)

They appear in the 1911 census in beresford street dublin:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Arran_Quay/Beresford_Street__West_Side/37175/

in the 1911 census, Thomas gives his place of birth as westmeath and Rosanna gives hers as meath.

there is baptism/birth records for the respective places that could possibly be them, following irish name patterns and such.

however, i cant for the life of me seem to find their marriage cert, and have almost come to the conclusion that they only ever pretended they had married. They would have married circa 1890 as they had their first child in 1891.

Im stuck and im not really sure where to go from here, the marriage cert could atleast confirm what the fathers names are. any help or advice would be appreciated.

Online shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: help with mcdonnell/lynch family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 January 22 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Presumably you have your gt grandmother's records?  or only the marriage & death certificates?  What do they say? 

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mami 1924 - 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 January 22 22:11 GMT (UK) »
They show as living at the same address in 1900 don't they, with the birth of daughter Catherine https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1900/01997/1768360.pdf

So, you would think they would be there at the time of the 1901 census before daughter Roseann was born at that address in 1902  :-\

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 January 22 22:16 GMT (UK) »
yes Monica - i thought so too  :-\ ive manually searched their address and it almost seems lots of the census returns for that street have not been digitised.