Author Topic: Death record of Frank Leslie Swan (aka Leslie Frank)  (Read 1112 times)

Offline swangr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death record of Frank Leslie Swan (aka Leslie Frank)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 January 22 21:02 GMT (UK) »
He is said to be one month old on the 1901 census, which was taken on 31st March 1901.

So he must have been born end of February/very beginning of March.

Could Frank Swan died Nov 1988, Reading and Wokingham, be an outside possibility?
Date of birth 21 Feb 1900.

The baptism record of Frank & his brother Harry shows March 13th 1901 the dat of the baptism. There is approx 1yr between their ages at that point. there is a date written the margin of each entry that looks like it might be a birth dat but they are very hard to read.
I will look into the 1988 death as a possibility. Thank you.

But I haven't found a match for that one in the birth indexes (could have been born outside England and Wales of course)
Nor found him in 1939.
Could that date of birth be one year out? Seems the missing Frank didn't have a birth certificate to check!

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 January 22 09:37 GMT (UK) »
The baptism record of Frank & his brother Harry shows March 13th 1901 the dat of the baptism. There is approx 1yr between their ages at that point. there is a date written the margin of each entry that looks like it might be a birth dat but they are very hard to read.

Hi
You are quite right, Harry George was baptized on the same day as Frank Leslie.
The entry on FamilySearch is from microfilm 1894141, which is St. Thomas Stockton, Register of baptisms, 11 April 1897 - 27 January 1904 (DRO catalogue)

There is another "partial filming" on microfilm 2092825 (item 9)
It is partial, as it stops on 27 January 1901. Frustrating, because we can see this one at home!
Last available pages here
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L96W-VJLQ

Cover has the archive reference
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G96W-VJDV

Dates of birth are indeed given in the margins, but FamilySearch do not seem to have transcribed them.
If you have a copy of the baptisms, and can attach the relevant part of it, perhaps someone on here may be able to make out any date for Frank?

Offline swangr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 January 22 18:08 GMT (UK) »
He is said to be one month old on the 1901 census, which was taken on 31st March 1901.

So he must have been born end of February/very beginning of March.

Could Frank Swan died Nov 1988, Reading and Wokingham, be an outside possibility?
Date of birth 21 Feb 1900.

I have made an online request for the death certificate based on that outside possibility. I reside in the US so I have to rely on the system!

But I haven't found a match for that one in the birth indexes (could have been born outside England and Wales of course)
Nor found him in 1939.
Could that date of birth be one year out? Seems the missing Frank didn't have a birth certificate to check!

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 February 22 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Good luck with the certificate, hope it is your man!
Let us know how you get on with it.
Jon

Offline swangr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 February 22 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Good luck with the certificate, hope it is your man!
Let us know how you get on with it.
Jon
Jon,
I Received the death certificate for Frank Swan, born the same day as my father. Unfortunately the can't or won't reveal th middle name of this person unless I am the next of kin, so I still working with them to get that resolved. Thank you for your interest

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 February 22 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If there is no middle name on the certificate (there isn't in the index) the informant may not have known that Frank had one.
Was the informant related in any way?
You could perhaps also hunt around for a burial, or more likely cremation, record.
Jon