Author Topic: Mother of Pearl Mary Stubbs b.1927 Runcorn District  (Read 691 times)

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mother of Pearl Mary Stubbs b.1927 Runcorn District
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 January 22 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for finding and sharing this.  I don't subscribe to FindMyPast so don't have access to the 1921 census. Do you know whether this shows her with her family?  I presume she will be out to work by then.

If you join Find My Past you can do a free search and then pay for the images you want. You don't have to sign up for a subscription to join.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 January 22 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Playing around with the search.
Doris Mary Jones is a servant, a housemaid.
Head is Thomas Kemp, born 1868. His wife is Mary Evelyn Kemp, born 1878.

Might be the Thomas Kemp at Cogshall Hall (directory)

Offline JamesDMcBust

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 January 22 12:28 GMT (UK) »
I have managed to speak to a member of the Pearl's family and now have some information about her family.  In case other family members read this post below is what I have learned.

Pearl's mother was Doris Mary Jones and she was born in Montgomeryshire, Berriew, I think. Birth registered Forden Vol 11b Page 157. Her parents were George and Ellen Jones, who married Q2 1905, Forden Vol 11b Page 313. Ellen's mmn was Beedles, b.1878 Berriew and her parents (Cornelius and Jane) lived in Berriew. George Jones was born in Kerry, Montgomeryshire in 1882. His parents were John and Ann Jones.

By 1911 George, Ellen and Doris had moved to Carlton Market Bosworth, Nuneaton. a

By 1921 George and Ellen are in Aston by Budworth, Bucklow Reg District and Doris is in service at Cogshall, Northwich.

Doris marries Arthur Stubbs in 1926 and Pearl is born in 1927.  They are all living in Dunsdale Gardens, Frodsham in 1939.

George and Ellen are living in Oakmere, near Delamere in 1939. Apparently Pearl sometimes lived with them during WW2, presumably it was safer for her than living in Frodsham.

I'm now satisfied that I can add these family members to the tree.