Author Topic: Summary week ending 30TH January  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Summary week ending 30TH January
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 January 22 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations from me too RTL.  :D I had no idea what I am, had to have a look at my details to check. I thought I was only one mere mortal amongst such esteemed company but it seems there are more of us. 

Caroline-  :o :o Really sorry to hear that your daughter and family have caught it, I know they've been very careful. I hope they're all soon better and the birthday do can go ahead.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 January 22 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Caroline, Get well soon wishes to your family and others who are unwell.

Mark

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 27 January 22 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations from me too RTL a brilliant way to mark a return to an actual archive. I was hoping to visit one near to me recently but it’s still only open three days a week, all of which are working days for me so will have to wait for now.

I had to check my RC membership level too Roobarb, I’m a long way off any change 😁.

Hope those testing positive get well soon, they do say that Omicron on top of the vaccinations gives immunity levels a real boost so as long as symptoms are not too bad may be an advantage in the long term.  Still unpleasant though and must be a worry.

Take care everyone,

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 January 22 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Get well soon wishes, for your family from me too Caroline.  This virus certainly seems to be doing the rounds at the moment.  Someone I know, says that this might be a good thing in the way of reaching peaking.
I hope family will be recovered soon.

Thanks Roobarb and Pinetree. Yes, we are all mere mortals amongst esteemed company, but it is a fun thing to 'elevate' in the peerage, nevertheless.  ;)

It is sunny on Tyneside today but, oh my, the wind seems to be gale force.  A huge tree,  across my street has smashed down onto a neighbours car!!  :o There is only her and her young daughter living there.  She must feel like crying!  The car wheels look buckled and the tree which is huge is right across her front path!!  I can hardly believe that this tree which has been there for goodness knows how many years has blown over!!
Oddly enough, a little sapling a couple of doors further down is still in one piece.
I can hear a chain saw somewhere in the distance.  I wonder if someone is also trying to fix damage.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 29 January 22 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your good wishes for my family…
My youngest grandson is still negative! I think he had it in October last year when he tested positive and then they had the debacle of lost PCR tests and having to go for another one by which time he’d got over it …
My daughter and SiL will test again tomorrow and Monday respectively as day 5 and my eldest grandson is still testing positive after day 7… much to his disappointment as he’s missed his football match and some school activities.. he is well in himself as are the other two… fed up with being at home of course.
Thankfully we’ve not seen them since Boxing Day…

We had a good day outside yesterday, cleaning gutters, sweeping patios and clearing out the garage.. 😩😩. I had reserved some time for family research but that went by the board, so today has been a good day researching and taking one side of the family back another generation….

Hope those up in the northern part of the UK haven’t been blown away… sorry to hear about your neighbours car RTL… it could have been a lot worse and hit the house …

Take care everyone

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 January 22 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Caroline - must be so frustrating waiting for the negative test results and what a shame for your neighbour RTL.

Needed to have a dig about in the loft this afternoon and found an old family bible which set me off researching that branch of the family a bit more. Of course I got totally distracted on tangents which I am very prone to do and ended up feeling so sorry for a lady who was nothing to do with our family at all!  She applied for a separation from her husband as he mistreated her and threw her out of the house.  She lost her only child aged just 12. Then a few years later the estranged husband of a distant relative of my OH (which is how I came across this lady) became infatuated with her and when she rejected his advances he ambushed her when she left her house to go to work one morning, badly beat her then drowned himself in a reservoir.

Crikey, time for some light relief I think.

All the best,

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 29 January 22 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear of your Grandson's disappointment about missed activities.  Hope everyone will get negative results soon Caroline.  Sounds like you were very industrious yesterday, so I am glad you had a more relaxed day researching today.
Yes, Caroline it could have been a lot worse with the tree.  I'm just thankful they weren't actually in the car when the tree blew over.  It is still lying on top of the car which is on the drive way at the side of the house.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 29 January 22 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Pinetree I feel very sorry for this neighbour.  I don't really know her as she only moved in after an old neighbour died.  I hope she can take some consolation from it could have been worse.

Wow what a tragic story!
Re the Bible you are fortunate to have this. Does it have a lot of family names and dates in?

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 29 January 22 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Oh, dear, what a worry for your neighbour ,lets’s hope she has good insurance cover.
A little sapling would be more flexible than a mature tree.
What a lovely find in your loft,we could do a thread of sad stories, if it would be more interesting than saddening.
Hope things improve for your family Caroline.

Have you bought a tiara RTL? :D

Well, we were unable to go in to the animal sanctuary,the staff said the high winds were very unsettling for the dogs and as many are strays with not a full lhistory it could be dangerous ,even if still in their pens .
It was actually pretty quiet but the wind wasn’t too bad at the time we were there.Disappointing but we went to the park and I got to push the pram .
Flash Harry is so interested in all around him and spelling out words phonetically .
Give him a simple explanation and he realises for himself it will be  better  if he does not do something ,so not too many negative instructions .
Instead of “ Don’tdo that “ ——
—- “ Your shoes are muddy so if you put your feet on there what will
happen ?”
“ They will dirty it”
“ Will that be alright?”
“ No , people’s clothes will get dirty if they sit down”.
“ So what are you going to do? “
“ I’m not putting my feet on it “
“ That is very kind and sensible”
Great excitement racing to see a stick he’d thrown in the river pass under the bridge ,but the flow was fast and we missed it.
He is a nice little chap ,very amenable but his Mummy is so calm and placid.
The baby is lovely ,really smiling and looking for FH when she hears his
voice .Looked like a little bunny in a plush onesie suit .

They were heading for The Dales but the weather forecast deterred them so decided to berth the camper van more in the direction of the return journey
after seeing the children’s’ maternal grandmother this evening.

I am still negative and feeling quite alright , had a little visit to lovely neighbour ,with mask on ,for half an hour .after they had gone.
She saw the baby and  FH through the window .

Hope everyone gets better soon if unwell and the rest stay well.
Look after yourselves folk ,you have all been wonderful throughout this .
The friends I have never met .
Cheerio.
Viktoria.