Author Topic: Summary week ending 13th February  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Summary week ending 13th February
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 10:28 GMT (UK) »
CF - pleased to hear he’s back home and let’s hope the abx get to the root of the problem… bless him, as you say so hard when you’re so far away.. the only good thing is you can see him via FT, such a wonderful alternative.
Thinking of you all today… keep your spirits up.

Caroline
🤗😊
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 14:32 GMT (UK) »
So  glad things seem to be okay, CF.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Just thought I’d let you all know I’m still around!

It’s wet, damp and dull which just about describes my mood!. On Christmas Eve I was seen in the pain clinic and formally diagnosed with post radiotherapy neuropathy from radiotherapy in 2019 following a right mastectomy for breast cancer. I’ve been in pain ever since the radiotherapy in May that year. Unfortunately I have turned out be allergic to different drugs, cream and pain patches. The pain clinic came up with a different cream which is better than nothing but, wait for it, only the lowest dose available in hospital, (it’s not licensed elsewhere) and guess what the licensed version which you need for higher doses affects my asthma!

As you can imagine life is not wonderful. I’m just so tired. Things that never worried me worry me terribly.

Before Christmas my laptop went weird and it had to have a new hard drive. My family tree maker which was an old one wouldn’t work even though it worked on the old hard drive. I had to buy a new family tree maker and am still trying to sort it out ie finding all my old trees. I’m not very technical and I struggle.

I read the diary most days and enjoy it. It’s good to hear of people getting out and about. I do out to the shops, for coffee, to church and to the local WWT centre were I volunteer but that’s about it apart from hospital appointments.

I have a family friend who I’ve known all my life who’ll be 102 next week. Before Christmas I was hoping if I got sorted out in the pain clinic I might manage to drive over to her (about 100 miles) sadly I just can’t face it or the train journey either.

Sorry I sound a bit dismal and I hope this post is allowed.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Our very best wishes to you. It sounds horrid to have so much pain.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Gibel - so sorry to hear about your problems… I’m sure it’s not easy to handle …
You have certainly been through the mill over these past couple of years. My thoughts are with you and glad you enjoy reading the diary entries… always guaranteed to bring a smile to your face..

Take care

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Oh Gibel, what a rotten time you've been having, no wonder you're worrying about things you didn't previously. It was good though to read your initial comment that you're still around.  :D I hope the medics can come up with something to ease the pain and let you get some proper rest. I've never tried alternative therapies so can't comment on them from a personal perspective but wondered if you've thought of giving any of them a try. I'm sure there will be some Rootschatters who have had experience of them if you were considering it.

I hope you manage to sort out the family trees.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Gibel, so sorry to hear of your pain. I know of someone who had similar following radiotherapy and they used a TENS machine which gave a lot of relief. I think you can buy them for about £20.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Gibel
So sorry to hear you have on going problems, Jo 1962 suggested a Tens machine, might be worth getting one if it helps, we have one, don't think I ever used it but my husband has

You really should drive such a long distance if you aren't comfortable, out it on hold for a better day

Bright day today, hope it last the day

Take care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Gibel, I am very sorry too, to hear of all you are suffering.  It must be horrible having to cope with the pain, whilst the hospital staff try to sort things out.
I think we will all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and I do hope an improvement will come along for you soon.
Do keep popping in to chat whenever, it can be carthartic sometimes to release how you are feeling when times feel tough.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner