Author Topic: Langley Family any thoughts on a date, please?  (Read 955 times)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Langley Family any thoughts on a date, please?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 February 22 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Yes, the/a dog is in two of the photos!

Thanks for this! So much clearer without the spots and scratches.

Nan will love this.

I'm thinking the women look quite alike facially??

Glen
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:00 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure, yes I think they are too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Nice ones. Carol  :)

Looking at them again, I think I can see a resemblance between the two ladies. Could they be mother and daughter?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:15 GMT (UK) »
I was sitting here wondering whether they could be mother and daughter.

If the younger woman is one of "the Langley aunts", then she would be in her 30s in this picture, and if that's the mother, then she was born in 1840, so would be in her 50s in this picture.

Glen  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:17 GMT (UK) »
They both look older than that though, don't they!?
Or did people look older in the 1890s?!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 February 22 17:23 GMT (UK) »
I was thinking that they looked more like sisters. The one on the left doesn't have any facial lines  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 February 22 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Ah that's interesting! I suppose they could be.
The oldest of the Langley sisters was born in 1859 and the youngest in 1878, so they could be sisters!
Thanks Gadget  :)

Glen

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 February 22 22:34 GMT (UK) »
I was thinking that they looked more like sisters. The one on the left doesn't have any facial lines  :-\

That was my thinking too. There is also a close relationship between the man and the older woman who has his hand on her shoulder.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 12 February 22 22:45 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering about the man. I wonder whether  he's a brother or husband. His hand is only on the one woman though, so maybe not a bother  :-\