Author Topic: Ford Cemetery Liverpool UK lookup- Edward Heaney, Sarah Heaney, Catherine Heaney  (Read 232 times)

Offline cookaloris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello there,
I am seeking information on Edward Heaney, Sarah Heaney, and their daughter Catherine Heaney who all appear to be buried at Ford Cemetery in Liverpool. I have the locations of their graves, but I am hoping to find more information such as a photo of the gravestone or what the inscription says.
I found their deaths/burials register but it doesn't have very much information.
Thank you for anyone who can help look this up for me.
I have just ordered the death certificates of Edward and Sarah from the Liverpool City council. We'll see what they send me in a few weeks.

Edward Heaney
1887–1921
BIRTH 01 AUGUST 1887 • Liverpool, Lancashire, England
DEATH MARCH 1921 • West Derby, Lancashire, England
grave R1148

Sarah Heaney (nee Mulcare)
1886–1932
BIRTH ABT MAR 1886 • West Derby, Liverpool
DEATH APRIL 1932 • Merseyside, England
grave 1148

Catherine Heaney
1913–1918
BIRTH JANUARY 1913 • West Derby, Lancashire, England
DEATH 1918
grave 2a 386

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Ford Cemetery Liverpool UK lookup- Edward Heaney, Sarah Heaney, Catherine Heaney
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat  :)

In case you are not aware some birth and death certificates are available from the GRO at Southport as PDF's and are cheaper than paper copies
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp

Have you tried posting on the findagrave website to ask for a photo of the graves
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Ford Cemetery Liverpool UK lookup- Edward Heaney, Sarah Heaney, Catherine Heaney
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 12:04 GMT (UK) »
You need to contact the records office to establish whether there is - or ever was - a headstone as many of the older headstones have been removed for safety reasons in many of the Liverpool cemetaries
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline cookaloris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Rosie. I am looking at the GRO now. I see i can order a PDF of a "Death registration record" for a bit cheaper! But is the death registration record similar to a death certificate? I am hoping to find out more about their causes of death.

I did not know that you could request photos on the findagrave site. I will look into how to do that now. I am new to this research so thank you for your guidance.

Welcome to rootschat  :)

In case you are not aware some birth and death certificates are available from the GRO at Southport as PDF's and are cheaper than paper copies
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp

Have you tried posting on the findagrave website to ask for a photo of the graves

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 15:48 GMT (UK) »
As others have said a request on find a grave may result in someone local being able to help with a photo - if a stone exists.

This page has a contact link to enquire about graves in Ford and Yew Tree (the two main RC cemeteries)
https://www.sarsfieldmemorialsliverpool.co.uk/memorials-for-liverpools-catholic-cemeteries/
Though they may or may not be able to tell you if a stone exists, hopefully they will at least be able to give you an email address for whoever it is within the Diocese who would have that info.

I did find death notices in the old newspapers for both Edward and Sarah (not found one for Catherine)

Liverpool Echo March 7th 1921, page 8 col 8
HEANEY - March 4 at 63 Langtry-road, aged 35 years, EDWARD, dearly-beloved husband of Sarah Heaney also dearly-beloved son of Robert and Margaret Heaney, 65 Thomaston-street. R.I.P.
Interment at Ford Cemetery, tomorrow (Tuesday) at 3p.m., Friends please accept this- the only intimation.

Liverpool Echo 21 April 1932 page 7  col 7
HEANEY -  April 19 at Walton Hospital, SARAH, widow of the late Edward Heaney. R.I.P.
Cortege leaves 14 Brock Street, for interment at Ford Cemetery, tomorrow( Friday) at 1p.m.

HEANEY - April 19 at Walton Hospital, aged 46 years, SARAH, beloved daughter of the late John and Catherine Mulcare. R.I.P. Sadly missed by Brothers and Sisters.

Boo

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Rosie. I am looking at the GRO now. I see i can order a PDF of a "Death registration record" for a bit cheaper! But is the death registration record similar to a death certificate? I am hoping to find out more about their causes of death.

The PDF copy is identical to the Certificate that you would get from GRO except it is not 'mounted' onto the certificate template
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk