Author Topic: Grubb family of Newbury Berkshire  (Read 279 times)

Offline Deb Clark Rennie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Grubb family of Newbury Berkshire
« on: Wednesday 02 March 22 03:18 GMT (UK) »
Hoping I might get some help once again with my Newbury family.  I had a lot of help some years ago but have come up with a new question as the only records online are transcripts it’s hard to be sure.

My ancestor John Grubb was born in Newbury in 1783 to Thomas and Martha Grubb … we believe Martha was Martha Grey.  Recently dna has shown a connection to an Elizabeth Grubb who could be John’s sister or half sister as I don’t have her baptism record.  But it appears that Thomas may have been married to another Martha … Martha Woodley in 1777.  Then married Martha Grey in 1782 but it doesn’t give Thomas Grubb’s marital status on the transcript so I don’t know for sure if it’s the same Thomas that married Martha Woodley.  I’ve found a baptism for a Thomas son of Thomas and Martha in 1780  …so that could be the first Martha (Woodley) then there is a baptism in 1778 but no first name just Grubb and parents names.  There is also a death in 1787 for Martha Grubb daughter of Thomas.  On the the 1815 Toomers census I was told that Thomas along with his wife Martha also has an Ann Stillman living with them and she I believe is the daughter of Elizabeth the possible sister of my John as she married James Stillman in 1799 and they have a daughter Ann.

Hope that makes an ounce of sense.  So if anyone has access to any of these records I would appreciate the help as I’m in Australia :-)