Author Topic: Stewarts in Killearn, Dryman  (Read 675 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Stewarts in Killearn, Dryman
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 March 22 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Could you tell me who these dates are for please Drymen B 1676 – 1854 M 1721 – 1856 D 1729 – 1784 Killearn B 1694 – 1854 M 1794 – 1845 D none

This tells you that the surviving parish registers of the parish of Drymen cover
Baptisms from 1676 to 1854
Marriages from 1721 to 1856
Deaths from 1729 to 1784 

and in Killearn
Baptisms from 1694 to 1854
Marriages from 1794 to 1845
Deaths none

It is an extract from the List of Old Parish Registers described at https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/research/guides/old-parish-registers/list-of-old-parish-registers and this is itself a simplified and revised version of the Detailed list of the Old Parochial Registers of Scotland (1872) described on the same page.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 March 22 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gillian, I note that Forfarian has answered your query on the Birth, Marriage & Death years. I'm a little concerned as to why you appear to be having difficulty researching thorough SP site, your original post mentioned you have used other sites such as Ancestry. If you have followed some of the family sites on that site, you do need to check their accuracy on SP.

When searching on SP you may need to use the search options to broaden the range of results, some records may have been misspelt or mistranscribed etc. It is the only site where you will be able to view the original documents, which may contain additional information, for a small fee.

Regards Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Stewarty076

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 March 22 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gillian, I note that Forfarian has answered your query on the Birth, Marriage & Death years. I'm a little concerned as to why you appear to be having difficulty researching thorough SP site, your original post mentioned you have used other sites such as Ancestry. If you have followed some of the family sites on that site, you do need to check their accuracy on SP.

When searching on SP you may need to use the search options to broaden the range of results, some records may have been misspelt or mistranscribed etc. It is the only site where you will be able to view the original documents, which may contain additional information, for a small fee.

Hi Colin yes I have used other sites easily as I started the tree I was in far better health to start with. I was shown how Ancestry worked by my late husband but we never got round to SP webpage as he took me into Reg house which is a load easier to do for me. So when covid hit I had to teach myself to use SP online....

I have of late been Diagnosed with some medical issues that I have been issued medication for that has caused some memory issues as well as sight issues which are at present being looked after by appropriate medical personnel and for that I'm extremely grateful but is very exhausting so I try do my tree a bit at a time to help me work my brain, this is why I ask questions like that!! So I'm very sorry if this causes any inconvenience that I may cause to anyone on here. but I'm asking questions an trying to keep hold of info into books so I know that I can use them as a reference so please forgive me.

thank you

Gill
Regards Colin
Stewart McGilp Gillies Haldane Sommerville Little Orr Mullen Robertson King Leckie Hutton McLaren McDonald Meason/Mason Morison Hamilton Stuart,