Author Topic: Time Team UK - You Tube - New Dig  (Read 1292 times)

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Time Team UK - You Tube - New Dig
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 March 22 13:18 GMT (UK) »
The Time Team television series ran for 20 years but finished when funding dried up.

Lots of people though the concept was good - throw a lot of resources at an archaeological site for a short period.

Many of the original programmes were uploaded to YouTube by its followers. This was noticed by the original team, and they started uploading their own selection, under the "Time Team Classics" channel.

Discussions followed, and "Time Team Official" was started with the aim of making new episodes. Money for the project was raised through an associated "Patreon" account.

The first two digs were done in 2021; more are to be made in 2022. The concept is the same - three days on site. Obviously there is much editing to be done afterwards.

Some production costs will be lower than the TV version; good cameras probably cost less than a tenth of those previously used, and editing software is everywhere now. However the logistics of getting everything in place for the three days will be as challenging as ever.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 March 22 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Another thanks to Kit! Strange to see how some of the team have aged (mentioning no names!) whilst others have not. Glad to see that certain "additions" from the later programmes have not made it into this one.

Reminds me of one afternoon about 4 years ago. We were sitting in the window of a coffee shop in Salisbury when Phil Harding walked across the road towards us. He was a complete caricature of himself, complete with boots, grubby denim jeans, hat etc. etc. All that was missing was his shovel. It could well have been ten years earlier.

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 March 22 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Glad that others are enjoying that TT is back.

Great to see Carenza Lewis, John Gator & Stewart Ainsworth.  I really enjoy Stewart looking at and explaining the topography.  Understanding of the landscape and how it has changed and developed over the years/centuries is fascinating.

As I've mentioned previously, I actually do miss Tony running around and his enthusiasm. As for Phil and the dear departed Mick - Legends.

Another episode tonight 18:00 GMT  ;D

Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 March 22 11:11 GMT (UK) »
I caught up with the first two episodes last night and enjoyed them.

The site was a feature I had not heard of before, a rarity even in Cornwall.

The pace seemed right, and the presenters were very likeable. I thought that TR was the worst part of the original series, forever bringing Baldrick to the fore.

The main man, Gus, I did not recognise, but seems to know his stuff (he's a historian) and has a good presenting style. Natalie Haynes (she's a classicist) I had come across previously, with "Natalie Haynes Stands Up for the Classics" on Radio 4.

I'll be watching the rest of the digs with interest. The second dig of 2021 was a Romano-British villa in Oxfordshire.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 March 22 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

I really loved watching the chap, can't remember his name, who did the drawings. He brought everthing they were doing to life in his artwork.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 March 22 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

I really loved watching the chap, can't remember his name, who did the drawings. He brought everthing they were doing to life in his artwork.

John915

The artist was Victor Ambrus who sadly passed away last year. I loved his drawings too.

I was a huge Time Team fan, terribly disappointed when the programme was cancelled, and can watch repeats of the episodes again and again and again. Thanks Kit for drawing my attention to YouTube episodes - I must investigate asap.

Looby :)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 March 22 22:22 GMT (UK) »
thanks so much for sharing this Kit
Im going to watch on my laptp
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 March 22 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Not very good a sign posting things but Time Team has a Facebook page and are on You tube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJPs1FU5UPA

There appears to be another show airing 8th/9th/10th April British Standard Time (BST)

Will update once given a link I can post.  However, if there is anyone else signed up and willing to do a better job than me, feel free  :)

Blurb in email I received:

Wow, what a week it has been for Time Team:
1/2 million views for Dig One
100,000 subscribers on YouTube
7,000 supporters on Patreon

One happy team!
But there's a lot more still to come with Dig Two...
Big Dome Review Highlights

Tonight, on the Time Team Official YouTube channel, we relive a few key highlights from last Sunday's aftershow review.
GET READY TO WATCH
Schedule for Dig Two

Patreon Preview: Sunday 3rd April, 6pm BST
Day One: Friday 8th April, 6pm BST
Day Two: Saturday 9th April, 6pm BST
Day Three: Sunday 10th April, 6pm BST

Live Big Dome Review: Sunday 10th April, 7pm BST

To all those who are interested - ENJOY  :D

Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 April 22 18:53 BST (UK) »
Just to remind you that the first instalment of Dig 2 is now on YouTube.