Author Topic: Gymnastics connection  (Read 634 times)

Offline RoyW46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gymnastics connection
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 March 22 10:38 BST (UK) »
Crisane, CaroleW, Mabel Bagshawe and Rosinish,

Sorry I did not reply earlier, thank you for your help.  I will do my best to follow up each of the 'links' you have provided.

What I would like to do, is find out if there are relatives of: Samson Jesse Crittenden and J.S.O. Robertson-Luxford still living in the Salehurst Robertsbridge district.  If so I would then write to them just to query the Gymnastic connection.

Hopefully I have attached a Newspaper article from 1936, this has stimulated my interest in these men and 'Charlie Wilmer'.

Thank you again for your help

Roy Willard

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Gymnastics connection
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 March 22 13:40 BST (UK) »
Samson Jesse Crittenden died 1980 in Kent.  My earlier reply showed details of his marriage in 1922.

If you use www.freebmd.org.uk & search for births there are 2 female births 1924 & 1927.

You would have to find marriages for both - As it’s likely both parents could be deceased you would have to identify children born to those marriages & also find where they are now living.  Rootschat does not allow details of living persons to be posted here.

The same goes for Robertson Luxford

I would think your quickest & simplest way would be to approach one of the local newspapers in the area to see if they are interested in featuring an article
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)