Author Topic: Can You Find The Parents of Ellen Kernan (Maiden Name: Donnelly)?  (Read 27577 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can You Find The Parents of Ellen Kernan (Maiden Name: Donnelly)?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 April 22 16:47 BST (UK) »

The counties are Antrim, Armagh, Derry/Londonderry, Fermanagh, Tyrone.

Maiden Stone, you've forgotten Co Down!  ;)

:-[I'll personally apologise to every inhabitant of Co. Down. I'll blame "Derry/Londonderry which made the list seem as if it had 6 names. Or I'll make the excuse that I was looking into the future when rise in sea levels caused by global warming has eroded coastal counties. My home will be underwater too.  :'(  I'll go down to the shore later with my binoculars to check if County Down is still there.  ;D
Cowban

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 April 22 17:25 BST (UK) »
There is no background on Ellen Donnelly (Who Married William Kernan). It only Has there names listed and location of Marriage.

Thanks,
     Luke

Sorry, but that does not make sense to me.  If that is all the info on the actual document,  then it does not  actually indicate that couple are your ancestors.   Are you looking at an actual record, or just at an index of a record....

Who were the witnesses,   any clergy/denomination named,  what status .... bachelor/spinster, divorcee, widow etc,   when and where,  occupations, ages,  etc

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 April 22 17:30 BST (UK) »
Some trees have the marriage:

26th July 1895 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

:D

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 April 22 18:08 BST (UK) »
It is in World records, Find my Past. I can’t access but there is a record William Kernan 1895 with spouse Donnelly.
The record I see just has dashes for parents and even spouse name. Ellen’s record doesn’t show spouse but the film number matches.

Here is the index on family search

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01rgx/

That's annoying.  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 April 22 18:38 BST (UK) »
It is in World records, Find my Past. I can’t access but there is a record William Kernan 1895 with spouse Donnelly.
The record I see just has dashes for parents and even spouse name. Ellen’s record doesn’t show spouse but the film number matches.

Here is the index on family search

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01rgx/

The index is from the Orphans' Court of Philadelphia.
"A Brief History of The Pennsylvania Orphans' Court"
https://cdn.alexpell.com/history_PA_orphans_court.pdf

Cowban

Offline LucasKernan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Research since 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 14 April 22 20:56 BST (UK) »

Sorry, but that does not make sense to me.  If that is all the info on the actual document,  then it does not  actually indicate that couple are your ancestors.   Are you looking at an actual record, or just at an index of a record....

Who were the witnesses,   any clergy/denomination named,  what status .... bachelor/spinster, divorcee, widow etc,   when and where,  occupations, ages,  etc

JM
America is different from European countries

Thanks,   
           Luke
Kernan, Matys, Müller, Werner

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 14 April 22 21:07 BST (UK) »
Do you think that this https://chrc-phila.org/ indicates that the Find my Past record I quoted above might be a marriage record rather than index?
Or is that what you already have?

Scroll down the page
“CHRC joined with FindMyPast to make historical parish baptismal and marriage records available to the public. Pre-1919 records are on-line and can be searched and downloaded”
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 14 April 22 21:51 BST (UK) »

JM

America is different from European countries

Thanks,   
           Luke

Yes, agree, 1890s  48 states, each had its own way of recording marriages.   I am not in Europe.  I am in Australia, we have 8 jurisdictions, each with their own way to record marriages.  BUT .... I do have relatives in California,  and they have exchanged images of the registration of their ancestors and there is a tad more info available,  including denomination, age, status, occupation, native place.

JM.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 14 April 22 21:55 BST (UK) »
Why consider a marriage in Pennsylvannia ... why not look for one in New Jersey....

JM