Author Topic: Death Records - Victoria  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Death Records - Victoria
« on: Sunday 04 September 05 06:41 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D

Can someone tell me where I might find the Death Records for Montmorency, Victoria, circa 1970's, please ??

:D :D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: DEATH RECORDS - VICTORIA
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 September 05 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Mobo

Montmorency is a suburb of Melbourne, if there is a particular person you need just post the name and any other information and I will check the Victoria Death Indexes for you. 

They are on CDRom, you can also search online but it cost. 

Cheers
Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 September 05 09:40 BST (UK) »
 :D :D

Thanks a lot gennig - I posted this on the Emigrants General Board but have not had a reply. 

Background info. 

James & Susan (Susie) Scott and their children Daniel & Susan, emigrated to Oz in the 1950's.  James was born circa 1900 in Ireland, Susie was born circa 1909 in Lancashire, and Daniel & Susan were born circa 1933 and 1943 also in Lancashire.

They finally settled in Montmorency, Victoria.  James died not long after they arrived.  We think Susie died in the 1970's. Daniel joined the Navy then became a Dental Technician.  Young Susan married a guy who worked in Television.  That's all I know.

We lost contact with them after about 1970.

It is Susan (Susie) whose death I'm interested in finding, along with any other info about the family.

Many thanks

;D ;D ;D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 September 05 10:38 BST (UK) »
Mobo,

Do you have parents' names for James and Susan?

The Victorian Death Indexes (they go to 1985) usually have name of the deceased, age, father's forename(s) and not always surname, mother's forename(s) and maiden surname, and place of death (which could, of course, be a hospital rather than the suburb of residence); they don't list birthplace.

JAP

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 September 05 11:27 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

All I know JAP is that Susan (Susie) SCOTT was born aournd 1909 in Salford, Lancashire and her maiden name was HEALEY or HEALY.  As for James SCOTT he came from Ireland and I haven't a clue about his parentage.

Sorry that's all I have

:D :D :D

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 September 05 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Mobo - and sorry to butt in gennig!!  I thought it would help if Mobo could give you the parents' names.  But as you're not online ...

Yes, Susan is there.

Susan SCOTT, parents Healey William (that's how they enter the name in the index!) and Ann (unfortunately no maiden name), age 71, died 1984, HEID (presumably Heidelberg which is not far from Montmorency; Heidelberg is  bigger and may well have been the registration district which incorporated Montmorency), Certificate #02758.

You can purchase and download Victorian certificates online at:
Click Here

There are some possibilities for James but ...

JAP

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 September 05 11:56 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

Have now found the marriage of Susan HEALEY & James J. SCOTT, in Manchester in 1935

The birth of Daniel SCOTT in Salford, in 1935
The birth of Susan H SCOTT in Salford in 1943

;D ;D ;D

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 September 05 12:00 BST (UK) »

WHOOPS !!  our posts must have crossed - WOW !! that's fantastic JAP I will go online straight away. 

At the risk of being a pain, is it possible to find the marriages and/or deaths of Daniel & Susan as well please ??

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 September 05 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Mobo

Australian birth and marriage records for the time period required are not accessible without proof of identification.

In other words only the people concerned can access the records.

If you decide to purchase the death certificate of Susan Scott nee Healey, then we will have a date of death an address and burial place.

Newspapers, electoral rolls & cemetary records can be checked, we might be able to find a living relative for you to contact.

Cheers
Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan