Author Topic: PARRY family of Amlwch  (Read 416 times)

Offline Mart56

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PARRY family of Amlwch
« on: Sunday 01 May 22 12:22 BST (UK) »
Richard Parry was married in Amlwch in 1782 to Catherine Williams.  He had two daughters, Catherine born c1798 who married Robert Evans, copper smelter, in 1820, and moved to Cwmavon in Glamorgan; and Mary born c1799 who married John Thomas in Cwmavon.  Both families have descendants in Australia, many of whom are known; but we do not have much information about them in Anglesey.  If anyone is tracing this family I would be delighted to exchange information.
Hare (Pembrokeshire and Glamorgan), Stanford (Glamorgan), Hodgson (Lincolnshire and Surrey), Sugden (Keighley and Worcestershire), Griffiths (Kidwelly and Glamorgan), Collins (Kidderminster), Evans (Cwmavon), Mainwaring (Llanedi and Cwmavon), Rees (Neath), Jones (Resolven), Paddison (Neath), Davies (Crynant), Bevan (Tonna).

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PARRY family of Amlwch
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 May 22 12:31 BST (UK) »
You may already know this but I note on Ancestry that a Richard a Miner & Catherine had a number of children at Amlwch, Anglesey, Wales.

William Parry 1782
Ellin Parry 1783
Hugh Parry 1786
Richard Parry 1787
David Parry 1790
Margaret Parry 1792
Mary Parry 1794 – likely died 1797
Robert Parry 1796
John Parry 1801

There is also the baptism below.

Name   Catherine Parry
Birth   1799
Baptism   25 Nov 1799 Anglesey, Wales

However the parish record reads. Mary & Catherine daughters of Rich’d a Washer & Cath’e

Possible death of Catherine Parry, age 73 (1758), Burial 24 Oct 1831 Amlwch, abode Village.

There are a number of Parry burials there on freereg, including another for Catherine in 1838, age 73.

I cannot see a burial for Richard but possible registration below?

PARRY, RICHARD       82 
GRO Reference: 1845  M Quarter in OF THE ANGLESEY UNION  Volume 27  Page 381

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Mart56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: PARRY family of Amlwch
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 May 22 15:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks Colin.  The temptation is to latch onto an entry like that and haul it into your family tree but without more evidence I don't think I can - yet.
Hare (Pembrokeshire and Glamorgan), Stanford (Glamorgan), Hodgson (Lincolnshire and Surrey), Sugden (Keighley and Worcestershire), Griffiths (Kidwelly and Glamorgan), Collins (Kidderminster), Evans (Cwmavon), Mainwaring (Llanedi and Cwmavon), Rees (Neath), Jones (Resolven), Paddison (Neath), Davies (Crynant), Bevan (Tonna).