Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 15th May  (Read 2580 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 15th May
« Reply #18 on: Friday 13 May 22 22:39 BST (UK) »
I cannot resist  talking to parents  with twins, spoke to a couple today with the cutist  little  black twin  boys, the parents were over   the  moon with these to  little ones, possibly just 2 or 3  weeks old.

No  joy  for a dress but will  continue looking, sorry I  got rid of  my dresses last year  but didn't think  I  might need one  for my grandaughters  graduation but I am  not the belle of the  ball, my grandaughter is

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 14 May 22 06:12 BST (UK) »
Isn't coincidence odd!
And yes, what a pity the timing doesn't allow you to use the bag pipes in the MO diary.
Occasionally we have someone who plays for an hour on the beach!
Touch typing still awful, but improving a little every day, along eith other balance issues.
??How about trying the catalogues for a dress LM.  :)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 14 May 22 07:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mowsehowse for the suggestion, spent last evening scouring all sorts of catalogues online, I have a few weeks so perhaps something will pop out, don't want to look frumpy and neither do I want to look like mutton dressed as lamb if you see what I mean, I am sure I will find something, after all I am not bell of the ball, my granddaughter is

I like to hear bag pipes , we were on holiday years ago and across the field a young person was playing, it really sounded nice, not sure about if I had lived next door to him but there could be worse I suppose

After a nice day yesterday quite hot from time to time it is very dull so far but it is early

Take came

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 14 May 22 07:22 BST (UK) »

Yes, that would be wonderful I think to hear pipers on the beach or in a field!  Or even in the street if someone not on nightshift or watching TV, or getting a baby down for a nap perhaps? ;)
This is just quick as I have a long shift and am waiting for next connection at Haymarket which shouldn't be long.
Feeling a bit disappointed that I won't get to go to the local history fair that will be on today at the library :-\ at North Shields and which I have promoted on RC.  Hope they get a good turn out.  It will be the first post covid! 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 14 May 22 08:38 BST (UK) »
Some time ago on a TV documentary ,it mentioned just how many pipers did pipe their comrades into battle ,walking up and down the parapets of WW1 trenches ! Also in WW2 .
It is such a stirring sound .

My sister returns some time on Monday ,from her sad visit to Australia.
I have a card to post and will send flowers,I would like them to be there for her but no idea  of time etc so perhaps for delivery on Tuesday would be better .
She might be sleeping after such a journey -she is 88 ,but very sprightly .
Her Birthday is 20th April ,but her son ended his life on the 14th as far as I can gather given time difference etc.

Well my number two son is trying to get up on May 21 st.
Not seen him for over three years now, he hates driving but hates crowded trains as well !
I will believe it when he is here.!

Bought a new stainless steel ,longer hosepipe ,but can’t get the old one off the coupling ,my fingers are so weak now .
Hopefully he will do it for me.

Well shopping to do and a mixed -re weather -morning ,cool but fairly bright.
My test drive  of my new all singing all dancing shopping trolley,four wheel drive this one!
Easier for buses not low loaders or that don’t come right to the kerb .
Not disposed of my old faithful  yet ,just two wheels that one, handy but I take the weight when it is pulled along .
I will be gently wheeling it to and fro ,as I do with supermarket trolleys ,some long distant memory of pram’s !

Wel must get on, especially now I am to have a visitor !
Where will I put all the stuff waiting to go to daughter and family that is in the spare bedroom ?
Christmas presents for two years, when F,H and family come they are  loaded up with baby stuff in a modest car as my grandson’s van has only three anchor points .
I m fed up with it , but my son will take some books bought for him .
Then all my sister’s stuff for two Christmases ,we did not bother this year .

A small problem in the grand scheme of things .

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and those unwell feel better .
Cheerio .Viktoria.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 14 May 22 11:23 BST (UK) »
VIKTORIA, hope your visitor does get to you.
Have you tried winding elastic bands around what you want to twist??
It really helps with grip.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 14 May 22 11:49 BST (UK) »
Viktoria I have been searching your posts trying to find what happened about your sister, aged 88, making a trip to Australia while desolate no doubt.
I can't find the post, which must have been made while I was without internet in Australia.
The inference is awful, :'(  and I send you and your sister mammoth hugs.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 14 May 22 15:38 BST (UK) »
Well, my sister had her daughter travel with her,so that would be helpful .
Her son moved about quite a lot ,was very restless and unsettled ,no sooner in one place when he wanted to be elsewhere.

She was totally composed on the video of the funeral ,but we are not a family for showing emotion , I do not think she was anything but truly devastated ,in the real meaning of that word.

I will know more when we speak again on the phone.
My worry now is a selfish one ,but if my son wants to see her on his very short visit of arrive one day and leave the day but one after , then I will only see him alone or with his brother for part of his arrival day and his leaving
day.
It is three years since my son and I last met, and of course my eldest son will undoubtedly come to see him ,they will go for a drink and I will be alone here ,whilst they catch up with things and discuss which  home to put me in! ::)
We will see.

My nephew had been  very depressed not sure which is the  correct term, depressed, clinical depression?
On medication but had not been organised about taking them ,so his older sister - in Australia- took him to live with her and her family and got him organised,things improved - or he managed to convince  his sister  they had,
needed to go back to his home and it happened there.

I feel sorry for his sister ,she did all she could, but the condition all too often wins, despite every care taken and love and support given unstintingly.

Thanks for your kind interest and words.
I have sent a card for when my sister gets home and flowers for  Tuesday when she may be rested a bit .
Thanks again . Viktoria.

P.S we watched the funeral, but my son had mis calculated the time difference, so not at the actual time but we four and my  children’s  spouses .did try to watch at the same time,I was in Shrewsbury but had my iPad with me.
It seems the cremation is first and the service later, must be days later .
However there was a little box of presumably ashes,some flowers and a photograph of my nephew on a small table.
Very different but what the family wanted.

Not heard from my sister since ,but I respected her privacy and spoke with her son in law who did not go to Australia,recent heart attacks and two big dogs to look after.It is his wife who is with my sister.
That is how I know when my sister will be coming home.

A great pity, yet in a strange way, as I look back, very probable.
He is at peace.

If I have stirred sad memories for other people ,my sincere apologies ,I hope you too feel your loved ones are at peace.
We should talk about our loved ones ,I find it helpful.

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 14 May 22 19:22 BST (UK) »
Yes Viktoria it is  very  very  sad when  people  choose to take their own  lives, we suffered the same when  our nephew  did the same   last year, devastated  his father but it is their choice,  my nephew  left a  note to say  not to apportion blame elsewhere  as it was  his choice and he  knew what  he  was  doing, we  must remember also they  are  in  a  better  place  now free  from their worries but it  does  leave the bereaved feeling so  helpless

With  family around her I am  sure  your sister will  come to terms with the situation as sad as  it  is and  she  no doubt  knows she  can  talk to you.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London