Author Topic: Maryborough Prison??  (Read 15270 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Maryborough Prison??
« Reply #27 on: Monday 24 June 19 17:00 BST (UK) »

Alice Maud Boulger married Edward J Thompson in 1897.
Father William Boulger - Clerk of Works.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1897/10443/5802965.pdf

Eileen Maud Thompson - birth 15th December 1897
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1898/02097/1799150.pdf

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 24 June 19 17:03 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline luckytobeirish

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 24 June 19 17:13 BST (UK) »
Sinann,

Sarah's mother was Elizabeth Bryne Boulger and the marriage in Co Wicklow in 1857 is almost definitely hers.

Siblings were Edmund (B: 1859), Georgiana (B: abt 1861),  Hariet (Harriet) (B: betw 1871 & 1873),  Henry (B: 1879).

I did have the ship's manifest documenting Sarah's immigration to the U.S.,  but only page one and not page 2. Page 2 has her place of birth which I have never known before. I assumed it was in Marlborough, not Dublin. That's great to know. I've never been able to find her birth registration.

I think the name of the  person listed on or 2 that she was visiting on New York was her sister, Georgiana (Georgina) whose last name then was Scardefield.

Of course, three weeks later she was getting married in Kansas to William Smith.

Her mother's address listed on pg 1 of the document is 27 Essex Quay in Maryborough. 

It was great getting page 2 of this document. Many thanks, Sinann!

Offline luckytobeirish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 24 June 19 17:32 BST (UK) »
Kiltaglassan,

This is great. I never knew there was another sibling, Alice Maud Boulger. Also, I'd spent hours trying to find what happened to Elizabeth between the time of her husband's death and her death, but I couldn't find her. There she is with Harriet and her granddaughter in the 1911 census. Very exciting. Thank you so much!

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 24 June 19 17:34 BST (UK) »

You're very welcome   ;D

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 24 June 19 17:43 BST (UK) »
There is no Essex Quay in Maryborough, I don't think there is any kind of Quay they barely have a decent river.

I think I saw a Reid marriage but it didn't click at the time, I could  be wrong I've looked at so many by now.

Still slowly coming together.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 24 June 19 17:48 BST (UK) »

I think I saw a Reid marriage but it didn't click at the time, I could  be wrong I've looked at so many by now.

Marriage 1st June 1903
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1903/10237/5725466.pdf

KG

Offline luckytobeirish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 24 June 19 18:07 BST (UK) »
Sinann,

You're right again. Harriett married James Reid and Elizabeth was living with them in Dublin in 1911.

I'm, also confused about the 1908 family address given as 27 Essex Quay in Maryborough. There is a 27 Essex Quay in Dublin, however. Also confusing is that only three months earlier, in August of 1908, Elizabeth's husband William died at 13 Ranelagh Avenue in Rathmines /Dublin.

In 1901, the family was living at house 8 on Stradabally Road in Maryborough. In 1911, Elizabeth was living with her daughter, Harriet, and family in Dublin.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 24 June 19 18:16 BST (UK) »
Is

Name   Ellen Bolger
Date of Birth   21 November 1865
Group Registration ID   7360323
SR District/Reg Area   Callan
Sex   Female
Mother's Birth Surname   Byrne

one of yours?

Can't post Link for some reason!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.