Author Topic: Ancestry 'New Home Page'  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry 'New Home Page'
« Reply #90 on: Friday 01 July 22 16:27 BST (UK) »
What's infuriating for me is that there are bits of the site that needs fixed and they ignore it for cosmetic tinkering
Exactly!

I've had a look at quite a few 'hints'...they're already added to my tree to the persons they've hinted to ???

I don't have time to be going over old rope, I'm adding 1000s to this tree bit by bit.

Not only that, some hints have no likeness to dates of births/marriages/deaths/places of those in my tree already filled in! ::)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Friday 01 July 22 16:33 BST (UK) »

I've had a look at quite a few 'hints'...they're already added to my tree to the persons they've hinted to ???
Annie

Think this is because that although the detail in the hint appears the same as info you aready have, it has come from a different ancestry source.

For example all the new county records that they keep adding will often duplicate data already in one of their 'England ...' sources and which you may already have added.  Its more often a new source than new data.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Friday 01 July 22 16:49 BST (UK) »
I've just managed to turn the red off by looking at some trees that are not active!  The 'travel bureau'   Extra  remains red.
Don't like red at all - red to me means 'error' :-\.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Friday 01 July 22 17:24 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know how to get rid of the red in the Extras tab? I'm not at all interested in their holiday ancestral tours, etc. I've arranged my own in the past, and will continue to do so, myself. This particular aspect is a really annoying intrusion  :(
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline martin hooper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Friday 01 July 22 17:30 BST (UK) »
I've given up on them. I keep my master tree in FTM and I only kept a sync on ancestry to keep an eye on new sources of data. It's got too messy to bother with. When my sub runs out later this year I'll not be renewing.

Martin

Online ALAMO2008

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Friday 01 July 22 17:39 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know how to get rid of the red in the Extras tab? I'm not at all interested in their holiday ancestral tours, etc. I've arranged my own in the past, and will continue to do so, myself. This particular aspect is a really annoying intrusion  :(

I've been also been trying for Months to Delete it - No Luck, really annoying
CHAPMAN ROBINSON McKAY O'MALLEY

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 01 July 22 17:41 BST (UK) »

I've been also been trying for Months to Delete it - No Luck, really annoying
Going on their facebook page is more likely to get a response than support, I've had luck with that (same applies for a lot of companies, or trustpilot pages).

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Friday 01 July 22 17:52 BST (UK) »

Going on their facebook page is more likely to get a response than support, I've had luck with that (same applies for a lot of companies, or trustpilot pages).

That's another bugbear - why should I join Facebook to get a response.  I decided not to join FB when it started and I still feel the same about it.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Saturday 02 July 22 00:18 BST (UK) »

That's another bugbear - why should I join Facebook to get a response.  I decided not to join FB when it started and I still feel the same about it.

I’m another one who has no wish to join Facebook, Twitter or any other such site, it infuriates me when we are expected to contact companies through them.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.