Author Topic: John Phillips  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
Re: John Phillips
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 June 22 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Andrew I've sent you a PM.

Best wishes.

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 20 June 22 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Andrew I've sent you a PM.

Best wishes.

Received, thank you very much! I will do some digging now :)

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 20 June 22 22:58 BST (UK) »
Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 June 22 22:33 BST (UK) »
I have come across a UK, Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records, 1760-1920 for a John Phillips in Coleshill, but not sure if to add it/confirm it is in relation to the person I am searching for. Would anyone know how/if it is possible to see if it does match at all as I am not really use to understanding military records that well.

Name: John Phillips
Enlistment Age: 31
Discharge Age: 37
Birth Date: abt 1782
Birth Place: Coleshill, Wauoick
Enlistment Year: 1813
Discharge Year:   1819
Regiment:   64th Regt. of Infantry

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 22 June 22 22:58 BST (UK) »
Good News!!

We are indeed cousins, not sure about the exact match, but I matched it with the F2 number you gave!
My relationship with John Phillips here is that he is my 5th Great Grandfather. I am a descendant of his daughter, Caroline! If you would like to add more then please feel free to ask, and we could possibly share information through messenger? Who are you a descendant from if you don't mind me asking? I would love to add your lineage to my family tree!

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 25 June 22 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hello cousin Andrew  :) good to see you are a match to my sisters kit number. You're welcome to add our line to your tree if you wish, I would like to add yours if possible, you could PM me. Your Caroline and my Samuel were siblings born to John Phillips 1782 and Catherine (Charles??).

My 3 x grandfather Samuel Phillips 1826 - 1892 and Emily Ness 1829.-1892 were married 9th August 1847 at St. Martins, Birmingham. 9 children.

2 x grandfather John Phillips born 10th April 1851 at Grosvenor Street. He married Harriet Selina Hayes 1853 - 1916 on 19th May 1872 at St. James the Less, Birmingham. 8 children.
Johns brother Samuel was married to Harriets sister. Harriet was born in Hampton in Arden. I don't know when John died.

Great grandfather Albert Phillips 1873 - 1949 married Sarah Wall 1868 - 1901
on 24th October 1893 at St.Johns, Deritend. 2 children.
Albert joined the Duke of Cornwalls light infantry on 12th July 1891 and dipped in and out of service. He was sent to South Africa and while he was away Sarah died in the courtyard of her home on 15 December 1901.Death certificate says probably heart failure..
While he was away Sarahs sister Jane (Mary Jane) came to look after my grandmother and her brother and never left. Albert and Jane went on to have 3 children together but they never married. On the 1911 census it states that they had been married 17 or 18 years but that is not true,the dates just happen to coincide with the number of years Sarah and Albert would have been married in 1911.

My grandmother Celia Grace Phillips 1895-1965 married my grandad Benjamin Charles Ainsworth 1892-1950
They married January 1917 at the Registry Office, Birmingham. Grandad was injured and on crutches when he married nan, injury sustained in France.

They went on to have four children.

Hope this is of interest, PM me if you want.