Author Topic: Help Deciphering Irish Deed  (Read 134 times)

Offline WolfeEye

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Deciphering Irish Deed
« on: Sunday 19 June 22 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I need assistance deciphering this deed made between William and George Hurst and Robert Porter. The handwriting is defeating me! This is what I managed to transcribe so far (hopefully I didn't mangle the text too much)

"To the register appointed by the act of parliament for the Registering of deeds and so forth. A Memorial of an Indented Deed of Assignment bearing date the sixteenth day of November one thousand eight hundred and thirty six made between William Hurst and George Hurst both of Tullyrain in the County of Fermanagh Farmers of the one part and Robert Porter in the County of Tyrone farmer of the other part whereby after reciting as therein is recited the William Hurst and George Hurst for the same William Hurst and George Hurst for the portions therein granted release unto the Robert Porter all the lands that those that part of the lands of Tullyrain known as for William Hurst part of lands then on lately held by said William Hurst containing about eighteen acres or thereabouts belonging in the Parish of Magheracross Barony of Tyrkennedy Co of Fermanagh to hold unto the Robert Porter his heirs and assigns for ever subject to a proportion of the rents and costs in the original lease which are contained other covenants was witnessed as the executor thereby all the parties thereto by William Porter of Derry + John Porter of Drigh both in the Co of Tyrone and Margaret Hurst wife of William Hurst of Tullyrain in the county of Fermanagh farmer memorial as to the executor thereof by the Robert Porter is witnessed by the John Porter and John Collum of Enniskillen in the Co of Fermanagh..."

Thank you in advance for any help!
Canada-Udgaarden/Udgarden, Allissapi, Ageneskhum, Haloomin, Moar

Orkney- Moar

Finland: Rubin, Nylund, Kålander

Co. Fermanagh-Hurst, Moore, Dinnen, Beatty

Co. Londonderry-Mcilwaine, Hogg

Co. Tyrone- Stewart, Dilworth

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Deciphering Irish Deed
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 June 22 10:17 BST (UK) »
You have the gist of the first part, but it is Eight acres, not 18.  Some words were omitted and others misread, so I found it easier to start again, and I've added the final section for you.

It's usually best to keep to the same lines in your transcription as in the original - makes it easier to find your place if you need to go back.

=====

[marginated] No. 49 Hurst & an(othe)r to Porter
Reg(istere)d 12th Oct(obe)r 1838 at 10 m(inute)s before one OC(loc)k

To the Register appointed by Act of Parliament for Registering Deeds & so forth.

A Memorial of an Indented Deed of Assignment bearing date the sixteenth day of

Nov(embe)r one thousand Eight Hundred & Thirty Six & made between William Hurst & George Hurst

both of Tullyrain in the Co. of Fermanagh Farmers of the one part & Robert Porter of Derry

in the Co. of Tyrone Farmer of the other part  Whereby after Reciting as therein is recited the

s(ai)d W(illia)m Hurst and George Hurst for the cons(iderati)ons therein Granted & Released unto the s(ai)d Robert

Porte
r All that & those that part of the Lands of Tullyrain known as & for W(illia)m Hursts part

of s(ai)d Lands & as then or lately held & enjoyed by s(ai)d W(illia)m Hurst containing ab(ou)t  Eight acres or

thereabouts together with all the Houses or app(urtenance)s thereunto belonging, situate in the parish

of Magheracross Barony of Tyrkennedy & Co of Fermanagh To hold unto the s(ai)d Rob(er)t Porter

his Heirs and Assigns for Ever subject to a proportion of the Rents and Cov(enan)ts in the original Lease

& which Ind(entu)re contained sev(era)l other Cov(enan)ts & was Witnessed as to the executions thereof by

all the parties thereto by W(illia)m Porter of Derry & John Porter of Drigh both in the Co. of Tyrone

and Margret Hurst wife of W(illia)m Hurst of Tullyrain in the Co. Fermanagh Farmer & this Me-

morial as to the Execution thereof by the s(ai)d Rob(er)t Porter is Witnessed by the s(ai)d John Porter

and John Collum of Enniskillen in the Co. of Fermanagh Att(orn)ey at Law. Robert X Porter <his mark>

(Seal) Signed & sealed & delivered in the presence of John Collum John Porter. The above

named John Porter of Dreigh in the Co. of Tyrone Farmer maketh oath & saith that he

is a Subscrib(er) & Witness to the Deed of which the above Writing is a Mem(oria)l & also to the above

Mem(oria)l & saith he was present & saw the s(ai)d Deed duly executed by all the parties thereto and

this Memorial by the s(ai)d Rob(er)t Porter & saith the name John Porter subscribed as a Witness

to s(ai)d Deed & Mem(orial) resp(ective)ly is this Dep(onen)ts proper name & Handwriting. John Porter. Sworn

before me at Enniskillen in the County of Fermanagh this 10th day of Oct(obe)r 1838 by virtue

of a Comm(issio)n to me directed out of Her Majesty’s High Court of Chancery in Ireland for

the Kings aff(idavi)ts[?] for s(ai)d Court in s(ai)d Co. & I know Dep(onen)t. Hugh Collum Com(missione)r   

Seven Sheets   a true Copy [signature]

Offline WolfeEye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help Deciphering Irish Deed
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 June 22 15:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for the transcription it was a great help! :)
Canada-Udgaarden/Udgarden, Allissapi, Ageneskhum, Haloomin, Moar

Orkney- Moar

Finland: Rubin, Nylund, Kålander

Co. Fermanagh-Hurst, Moore, Dinnen, Beatty

Co. Londonderry-Mcilwaine, Hogg

Co. Tyrone- Stewart, Dilworth