Author Topic: Brick Wall  (Read 2785 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brick Wall
« Reply #54 on: Friday 01 July 22 10:51 BST (UK) »
As Rosinish has suggested try contacting SP to see if they can help incase it has been missed ..Have searched lots of records overseas and nothing. I think if you post on the Scotland's Board requesting a look up at a Scotland's People centre if anyone can help to private message you

Rosie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 01 July 22 13:18 BST (UK) »
Another option, there's a phone no. & enquiry form...

https://www.southlanarkshire.gov.uk/info/200209/deaths/143/bereavement_services_-_burial_and_cremation/8

I'd give all known info. on Charles as well as full name, maiden name, YoB & (last known to be alive 1952 when Charles died) for Jeanie but hopefully all their records are computerised which will hopefully turn up something?
It may be worth adding the known death info. on their parents too (gives them a bit extra to work with).

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 01 July 22 13:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you. That is extremely helpful. I will pass this on.

Regarding newspaper death announcements, I can't find anything but I am not quite sure where to look. There doesn't appear to be anything on Find My Past and The British Newspaper Archives for Hamilton, Lanarkshire only cover up to 1949 as the Bent Cemetery burial records do. Unfortunately, we are looking at 1952. For my own research, which is also relevant to my cousin for another branch, I got a lot from The Greenock Telegraph but I am not used to searching for Hamilton.

I think an enquiry to the Bereavement Services is a very good idea.
Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 01 July 22 15:38 BST (UK) »
Have you tried...

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=GGgVawPscysC

Their home address was Hamilton when Charles died, have you considered other libraries?

Halfway Library...

https://www.slleisureandculture.co.uk/info/86/halfway_library/186/contact_details

Hamilton Town House Library...

https://www.slleisureandculture.co.uk/info/87/hamilton_town_house_library/187/contact_details

Lanark Library...

https://www.slleisureandculture.co.uk/info/89/lanark_library/189/contact_details

The above & other libraries listed too may be helpful in locating a death notice or anything else related to Jeanie.

Again, it would be an idea to list as much known 'crucial' info. as possible.

It can often depend on the enthusiasm of the person given the task!

Add...It would also be an idea to let any of the contacts know you've been unable to find a DC but you've been in contact with SP as it seems to have been missed in the indexing? & you've every reason to believe she did die in Hamilton or close-by.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 01 July 22 16:31 BST (UK) »
Many thanks. I found the death announcement for Charles. He was buried at Bent Road Cemetery on the 16th June and he is recorded as the husband of Jeanie  not the widower so she was still living at the time. It also gives us a bit more information about his occupation. He was a printer at R. W Dick.
Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 01 July 22 19:52 BST (UK) »
death announcement for Charles. He was buried at Bent Road Cemetery on the 16th June and he is recorded as the husband of Jeanie  not the widower so she was still living at the time. It also gives us a bit more information about his occupation. He was a printer at R. W Dick.
At least you know for sure Jeanie was alive in 1952 but with no mention of children it begs the question whether they had a family which does seem unlikely?

Findagrave...
REID - Bent Cemetery (nothing stands out)...http://www.rootschat.com/links/01rnv/

ROSS - (nothing stands out)...http://www.rootschat.com/links/01rnw/

Billiongraves...

REID - (nothing stands out) - https://billiongraves.com/cemetery/Hamilton-Bent-Cemetery/185903

Nothing for surname Ross on billiongraves.

Certainly an enigma & given the occ. of Charles you'd expect a headstone.

Annie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 01 July 22 19:54 BST (UK) »
That's good Genie you now have a date of burial and name of cemetery maybe send them an  e-mail to see if any other family members are buried with him

Rosie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 01 July 22 20:00 BST (UK) »
That's good Genie you now have a date of burial and name of cemetery maybe send them an  e-mail to see if any other family members are buried with him
Rosie,

I think it's the same email address I posted earlier which isn't specific to Brent Cemetery?

bereavement.services@southlanarkshire.gov.uk

Annie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 01 July 22 20:03 BST (UK) »
Rosie,

I think it's the same email address I posted earlier which isn't specific to Brent Cemetery?

bereavement.services@southlanarkshire.gov.uk

Annie

Sorry Annie  :P

Rosie