Author Topic: Where to go now?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Libby56

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go now?
« Reply #45 on: Monday 18 July 22 14:03 BST (UK) »
just to say I am still here!........lots of searching to do and now I have another little conundrum. On the 1871 census there's a George Henry Reeves age 5, relationship to Head ? son...the head is Elizabeth Waring and she's 62...His birth record shows he was born in 1865 and mmn Goodman. My Elizabeth Reeves (formerly Goodman b 1826) has declared herself a widow in the 1861 census....now then? It's not just your help I need friends, I think Marty McFly and the DeLorean would be useful at this moment in time!!
Regards Libby
Ward, Bentley, Reeves, Sharpe. Everett, Rowe.
 Cox, Bulgin,

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 18 July 22 15:42 BST (UK) »
In 1881 George may have been resident at the Gem Street Industrial School, Birmingham.

Possible marriage? :-\
19 August 1888, St Peter Leicester
George Henry Reeves, 22, Bachelor, Warehouseman, 134 Stoughton St, father George Reeves, occupation Not Known
+
Isabella Emma Thompson, 23, Spinster, 82 Evington St, father Robert John Thompson, Fish Salesman

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 18 July 22 16:15 BST (UK) »
just to say I am still here!........lots of searching to do and now I have another little conundrum. On the 1871 census there's a George Henry Reeves age 5, relationship to Head ? son...the head is Elizabeth Waring and she's 62...His birth record shows he was born in 1865 and mmn Goodman. My Elizabeth Reeves (formerly Goodman b 1826) has declared herself a widow in the 1861 census....now then? It's not just your help I need friends, I think Marty McFly and the DeLorean would be useful at this moment in time!!
Regards Libby

The 1871 census records George Henry Reeves as the "grandson" of Elizabeth Waring. If what has been found in previous posts is correct it would appears that Elizabeth's husband Joseph died between the conception of Harriet in 1866/7 and the 1871 census.

John

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 18 July 22 19:23 BST (UK) »
What is a real mystery about this post is Joseph Reeves. We only know he was a "brickmaker". He cannot be found on any census from 1841-1881. He does not appear to have married (in the uk anyway) to Elizabeth Goodman. Is it beyond belief that he had married under a different surname in 1847, had that I can find 5 children between 1848-58 with his wife and appears as a brickmaker in 1851-1881 census and was baptised in Leicestershire in 1825.

John

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 19 July 22 11:49 BST (UK) »
I agree with you John, I've been searching and searching for any sign of "Joseph REEVES", brickmaker with no luck at all. There are these possible deaths:

Jun qtr 1859  Northampton, aged 46
Sep qtr 1859 Edmonton, aged 45
Dec qtr 1859 Melksham, aged 41
Dec qtr 1859 Northampton, aged 41 (REEVE)
Sep qtr 1860 Newmarket, aged 40 (REEVE)

(though I'm pretty sure I've accounted for the Melksham and Newmarket  ones)

Though I will note that I don't think we can say he was necessarily the one baptised in Leicestershire in 1825 - I don't think we've found anything with his age or place of birth.  :-\

Offline Libby56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 19 July 22 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Johnhood and Maddys52......I feel so much happier now seeing your comments. I'm beginning to think that my Joseph Reeves was a bit of a 'dodgy' character but for now I'll think of him kindly. I 'm sure he's missing from any census' is possibly he's been in prison. I got stuck with the Bilston factor, how come Ann Maria & another George were born near there (Sedgley) when the rest were all born in Leicester ?
Dear Johnhood, my transcription of the 1871 census shows George Henry Reeves as son to the head of the family ie. Elizabeth waring. The address is Thorpe Street, Leicester. Is there another ?
What a journey!
regards Libby

Cox, Bulgin,

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 19 July 22 14:54 BST (UK) »
Libby, spec savers have an offer on this week ;D. Elizabeth Waring is head, Elizabeth Reeves daughter, Ann Maria and Mary granddaughters and George grandson

John

Offline Libby56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 19 July 22 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hahahahaha! Spec savers!! Love it!! Shall I make us both an appointment Johnhood?
I'm attaching my copy of the 1871 census so you can judge for yourself.
George Henry is still a bit of a mystery, like his father. How can he be Reeves ....I need a holiday after all this but preferably somewhere cool.
 :D regards Libby
 Cox, Bulgin,

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 19 July 22 18:34 BST (UK) »
That is a transcription of image. If you subscribe to ancestry or Findmypast then you will “ see” with your own eyes with or without glasses it says “ ditto grandson” if you send me your email address via a pm I will put you out of your misery

John😊