Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 31 July  (Read 5092 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 31 July
« Reply #18 on: Monday 25 July 22 21:30 BST (UK) »
Re cats and lion poo ,if I were a little puss cat ,and went walkies for purposes of leaving messages in flower beds,and came across lion poo,I would become totally incontinent !

So might not venture back but immediately very anti social.

Well half way through a pile of washing up and daughter’s usualMonday call, so finish my cuppa and back to the kitchen sink.

Russia and I.O.M.bit like the comedian in the war ,who had joined the Home Guard, his wife said how did he think he would stop Hitler?
“ Well, there’s not only me, there’s Harry Fish ,Ernie Brocklebank ,and Joe Entwistle as well you know!.”
Hope you like your new job Pharma.
 Pond filter needs rinsing through so hope for a nice day tomorrow.

Goodnight again .Viktoria.

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 25 July 22 22:04 BST (UK) »
Am not sure I would know where to get lion poo... :)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 July 22 23:01 BST (UK) »
First, take one lion........   ;D ;D ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 00:18 BST (UK) »
Amazon apparently:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Roar-Lion-Manure-Repellant/dp/B0002B7OT2 (though not at the moment)

Good point about being mindful of the hedgehogs though MS.  :)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 05:44 BST (UK) »
Re the ginger felon aka feline RB, daughter was keen on a ginger kitten to be company for the grey with white front one she had picked out 4 years ago but apparently it was already spoken for though gets sent a photo of it now and then, a lot chunkier than her long sleek 'Frankie'. When she left home at 17 soon had the company of a wee tricolour kitten, happily relocated several times with little miss 'Bonnie' to various flats before buying house they're in now and sad when the 17 years together ended. Had 2 adult toms join them at one point, not so lucky with those although they got on together ok, black and white stray alright with moving and had him a few years, rehomed black one never really settled properly and went back to the shelter after considerable efforts. Also loved looking after a very content tortoiseshell for a friend who went overseas for 2 years before going about getting another kitten of her own … however, where were we ... so thanks but no thanks for that long distance offer for birthday girl, same would apply to younger sis, they have 4 cats again at their house atm. I could have exchanged with fallen damaged grapefruit as a possible deterrent, you're still welcome to those, postage not included  :D

Meant also to say it was an unintentional mix up husband had with cashier, he just came out with the wrong description while doing two things at once, his mum though was quite a frequent Mrs Malaprop, anyway son-in-law laughingly put him on right track and he's had a few beauts of his own but can laugh.

Mild daytime temps for the week around the mid teens and not too cool overnight, dams are full and ground past saturation many places, crops suffering etc. Nice sunny break though for a few hours this morning and towels dry on line, just managed to save them when I got home in time for a visitor early afternoon. Had pork roast out to prepare for tonight but back in fridge tor tomorrow as late invitation to dinner with friends at theirs, so good to us and seems too rude to refuse, they're quite insistent at having us regularly but have to decline also at times.

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 11:05 BST (UK) »
Went over the road to see the Commonwealth Games baton relay go by earlier. There was a reasonable turnout considering it started at 8 o'clock. It was good to see smiling faces even if it was drizzling with rain.

My mind went back to the 2012 Olympic torch relay which we saw in Earlswood, so much has changed since then.

Home and back to reality to an email about my new Electricity tariff.

Love the diary thread and hope everyone is well.

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 11:33 BST (UK) »
My friend came back from cruise ...did you know a week on a cruise ship is cheaper than a week in a care home in England and the medical care is better !
His wife has home care which is sometimes hit and miss in Nottingham

Meanwhile he came to leicester to check on his beehives... The bees are very confused after the heat wave but have produced honey ..and this latest batch is delicious.im about to suit up and help with an extraction.
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 16:40 BST (UK) »

I'm in Leicester with beekeeper back from fortnight's holiday
 it was hot this morning but his bees are very sluggish and not happy
His beekeeping friends in Derbyshire has bees that are merrily producing loads of honey .could it be that the climate difference between neighbouring countries effects the production

Our temperatures reached 40 degrees . Leicester is in a trough .

I think they had rain between Mon and Tues and temperatures didn't go over 33 degrees in the hills .

News today is that it's driest year in much of England since 1976. Minette Batters of NFU said some farmers are feeding their stock stored forage because grass has died.

Cowban

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 18:06 BST (UK) »
Wow not oversurprised the ground was very hard today .

Re cats apparently they are repelled by coffe grounds which is easier to obtain than lion poo !!
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson