Author Topic: for the experts  (Read 27106 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: for the experts
« Reply #27 on: Friday 02 September 22 07:47 BST (UK) »
Yes, my first posting was in the Hertfordshire forum.  My second posting was in the England forum anticipating wider readership.    What point are you trying to make jonw65?

The moderators will always move a post if asked.   

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 04 September 22 18:42 BST (UK) »

Response to Guy is in bold italics.

Snip

Cheers
Guy
Sorry for not replying sooner. I have been away in Dorest for a few days and not on the internet and have just got back home in Yorkshire. I will refresh my memory of the thread later this evening a reply either this evening or tomorrow morning.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline rpweedon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 05 September 22 12:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you Guy! 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Peter
Weedon and variants

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 09:07 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay.
Let me try to clarify the comments in my earlier post.

Your PDF starts off-
“I have recently discovered that my DNA matches the DNA of several living male Weedons
located in Virginia, USA who, it can be shown through traditional genealogical evidence to
be related to General George Weedon (GGW) a participant in the Revolutionary War and a
personal friend of George Washington (first US president)”
That to me is very vague, you may carry the same DNA as the above but you have not shown or proved what lineage the DNA travelled from them to you.
What you are showing is simply you have some DNA in common with those living people, you have not shown where that DNA originates. The DNA may have come from General George Weedon or it may have come from his wife or indeed there is even a possibility it may have come from other unrelated people in history.  You do not mention whether the amount shared in significant or simply little more than a trace.
That is why I asked.

Do you have a paper trail that links you to the people you mention such ancient DNA could have been passed on to you through illegitimate offspring throughout the intervening years rather than through the legitimate linages. It would still show heritage but in the way a female linage is shown through different surnames.
Does your independent research link you to the same common DNA ancestor as any of the living Weedons?
You have not mentioned any Parish Register evidence to support your theories (apart from one mention of a Bishops Transcript of the marriage of George Weedon and Ann Beck) but seem to be relying on the notoriously inaccurate transcripts of transcripts that is the IGI. You are also assuming the wills mentioned are for your ancestors without providing the supporting links to add weight to your assumptions.
Have you looked for a reason to assume the move from Rickmansworth to Wooburn? For instance the link between Watford & Rickmansworth could be the Watford was a market town where farmers etc. would commonly meet. In a similar way Rickmansworth would be a hub for farmers with a number of mills to grind their corn etc. but why Wooburn in a different county? It is true Wooburn is not a huge distance from Rickmansworth but people usually have a reason to make a move and such reasons can add additional weight to assumptions.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline rpweedon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Guy

Thank you for your reply.

I match to Billie T Weedon, a person now living in Virginia, USA. 

"Family Tree DNA" reports the following about the match

Markers Tested - 1 - 700
Genetic Distance - 7 steps
Big Y STR Diff - 5 of 669
Y Haplog Group - I-FTB28196

Does this help answer your DNA questions?

Peter

Weedon and variants

Offline rpweedon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 13:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Again Guy,

I would be happy to forward my 150 page report entitled Weedon Ancestry which I have developed over the last 40 years.  If you are inclined to wade through all of the evidence I can send it to your personal email address in word format.  It would be supplemented by family trees in power point format.  As you are challenging me to the rigour of my work and its veracity this would be the most complete response to your concerns.  Not sure you are interested in reviewing all the material compiled.

Please let me know of your 'appetite' for the details.

Regards,

Peter
Weedon and variants

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 15:31 BST (UK) »
You asked for critical reviews of your genealogical sleuthing and as few seemed to even want to look at your PDF let alone review it I posted my thoughts after quickly reading it.
You then seemed to want me to elucidate further which I did.
Sorry if this sounds harsh but I have little interest in your Ancestry and cannot spend any more time on it.
Cheers
Guy

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 19:26 BST (UK) »
Reply #31. RootsChat discourages posting names of living people and other identifying information on the public forum. You should remove the name of your match.
Cowban

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 20:32 BST (UK) »
Reply #31. RootsChat discourages posting names of living people and other identifying information on the public forum. You should remove the name of your match.

Oh I am terribly sorry for upsetting you but the people I referred to were married in the year 1629 so if my arithmetic is accurate I very much doubt if they are alive.
However if they do happen to be alive I most profusely apologise to them and congratulate them on their longevity.
Cheers
Guy