Author Topic: Diary Summary week ending 7th August  (Read 4420 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary week ending 7th August
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 06 August 22 00:27 BST (UK) »
I am going to completely  change the mood here

My next door neighbours have a dog, talked about it before, the 30 plus year old adults living in the house are supposed to be looking after it, it is now gone midnight and the 30 year olds are all out and the dog is howling and barking, my husband has put his good ear to the pillow and is soundo, me, well I am not soundo I am wide awake and wound up, goodness knows what time I will get to sleep, the parents although leave the dog don't leave it for this length of time, I am moaning here but that is as far as my moans go as I don't feel they are approachable although a few months ago she did mention the dog and I told her how it behaves when left  for a long time,  but I did it nicely, you should be able to leave a dog but not to carry on the way it is at this time of night,

I am off on a coach in the morning as I said earlier, I will be asleep if this carries on for much longer

Viktoria, hope you sort your banking problem out, despite the worry  you still bring in your humour.

It is unbelievable that in 2 days time we start a new dairy with 14th August on it, time is flying by

Take care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 06 August 22 01:30 BST (UK) »
A note through the door might be an idea LM. Specify times of barking and howling tonight while they have been out enjoying themselves. The note will be waiting the family when they return. Don’t be too polite though.  :)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 06 August 22 09:50 BST (UK) »
LM not nice for you at all. If you know the neighbours well you could enquire in person when the full grown ups return if their dog is better now as you were concerned it had hurt itself or something on X night as it was barking into the small hours? That way it sounds like it's a welfare concern for the dog.
North East of England

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 06 August 22 10:41 BST (UK) »
An anonyomnomnymous call to RSPCA might have some effect ,others will
hear it ,not just you .
You do an important job and need your sleep.
You do have concern for the dog ,so not just self interest.
Be bold!
Best of luck.
Viktoria.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 06 August 22 16:00 BST (UK) »
I posted on the 26 July that I’d made it to Switzerland. I was having a lovely time until Friday 29 July. I was crossing a road in Interlaken  and nearly over when something hit my rollator side on and I was flung to the ground. The police came and then an ambulance and I was taken to the local hospital. I was scanned and xrayed and then the cuts on my face were stitched up. I remember the doctor saying one had 11 stitches. I had cuts on the inside of my elbow as well. I now have some spectacular bruises.

A police and arrived and said it was someone on an e bike and that they were on the phone when they hit me. I had to make a statement. Then I was admitted to the hospital where I stayed until Tuesday morning when I was discharged and set off home. The hotel were I was staying packed up my belongings and brought them to the hospital.

I left at 9am and 4 trains later was met at Liverpool at 21:30 and driven home. It’s a positive nightmare sorting everything out especially as my glasses were broken in the accident. I can’t fill in the insurance claim yet as I can’t see it but have sorted the hospital charges out with the ehic card. I had to pay for the ambulance but that will go on the insurance claim. There’s all sorts to be claimed for.

So sadly my longed for holiday was wrecked by some e biker. I think the reaction has now set in and I’m absolutely exhausted.

In case you’re wondering how I’ve typed this I can manage with my broken specs for short periods.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 06 August 22 17:00 BST (UK) »
Gibel how dreadful. It would have been bad enough if it had happened when you were at home.
Cowban

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 06 August 22 17:51 BST (UK) »
That’s just awful, Gibel.  Hope you feel better soon and you get new glasses asap, not being to see is a nightmare (I wear trifocals).

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday 06 August 22 18:11 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness Gibel… 😱😳. I’m so sorry to hear about your dreadful accident whilst trying to enjoy a long awaited holiday..
These e- scooters are an absolute nightmare and they really have to do something about them in every country!
I do hope you’ll be feeling better soon and hope you’ve someone to help whilst you’re trying to get to grips with insurance firms etc.

LM - I have every sympathy with you and barking dogs at night time… or any unsociable time frankly.. I think an anonymous letter would at least stop anyone thinking it’s you..
We have a night time barker round us and it’s often the dog fixes barking that sets someone’s dog off… not yet discovered whose it is!

Viktoria- like others have said your humour is wonderful despite the current situation you’ve got with the Nationwide! 🤞it gets sorted soon.

My OH is currently having issues with Eon … our energy supplier… our smart meter had a severe wobble a while ago so OH phoned to tell them but they had no appointments for someone to come and look at it…
We’ve now discovered they’ve stopped our direct debit… only found this out when he went onto their website to put in a meter reading…
Spent all morning the other day trying to speak to a human but got pushed around by constant choose this or that option.
Finally sent an email and had a reply back just talking about setting appt up for smart meter and no mention about other issues… like we’ve not paid a penny since April!
We now have 5 days before our current tariff expires and can’t seem to speak to a soul!
Watch this space I think….😤😤

Re our visit to Hever Viktoria and you asking if they’ve anything belonging to Ann B they had her prayer book… book of hours absolutely beautiful, a replica of a clock given by Henry and some embroidery from the era.

Ruskie - you’re right my son was enamoured with the big oak table I sent him lots of pics!
He’s just finished a very long worktop and a side drop for a couple who’ve just had a house built.. it looks beautiful!

Today has been a warm day again and looks like next weeks creeping up into the 30C again!
Take care everyone

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Saturday 06 August 22 19:28 BST (UK) »
Sorry a much wanted holiday was ruined,hope you are soon 100% Gibel

Well, just popped round to lovely neighbour with her treat ( a chocolate sundae)
She had her trouser leg rolled up, I was shocked, her leg was maroon to mid shin from just above her ankle just like a maroon sock, it was hot and she said itchy .
My first thought was Phlebitis ,a clot.

I did not alarm her but left a note in the key box , an inner box is opened by a code ,the evening carers came and saw the note ,I explained my concerns .
They went in and as they were leaving I asked could I do anything,  - No it was ecxema .I said I was worried it was a blood clot causing Phlebitis .
They did not know what that was,I explained a clot caused it,they said they had not seen a clot ——- I explained it would be deep in a blood vessel,they said well I could not have seen one either!
I asked had they spoken with her daughter?
Yes,and she thought it was eczema too.
I could do no more but will write it down.
Those people are paid for  an hour ,but were there seven minutes after
me speaking to them.
Oh dear , the state of things !

Well what a funny old week it has been ,what with Nationwide! Lovely neighbour , etc.
I keep telling myself I am not in the Ukraine or Afghanistan ,so shut up and get on with it!
Swedish meatballs,mixed vegetable rice and a Ratatouille sauce for tea .
Easy Peasy ,sauce from a batch I froze some days ago.
Cheerio everyone.
Viktoria.