Author Topic: John Norris  (Read 676 times)

Offline Samiluca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Norris
« on: Tuesday 16 August 22 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am looking for John Norris from Tipperary who had a daughter Mary Norris in 1813. I have two spouses names....Bridget Murnane and Catherine Bourke and I’m not sure which one is Mary’s mother. Any help is much appreciated.
Mary Norris goes on to Marry Thomas Fisher, who is English so I’m not sure if he was a soldier in the local barracks.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
Re: John Norris
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 11:39 BST (UK) »
....I am looking for John Norris from Tipperary who had a daughter Mary Norris in 1813.

Do you have a source/link for this statement?

You also have not indicated where in county Tipperary John Norris was from and his religious persuasion. The more information you can give, the better!

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline SummerCrush

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am looking for John Norris from Tipperary who had a daughter Mary Norris in 1813. I have two spouses names....Bridget Murnane and Catherine Bourke and I’m not sure which one is Mary’s mother. Any help is much appreciated. Mary Norris goes on to Marry Thomas Fisher, who is English so I’m not sure if he was a soldier in the local barracks.

there is a Mary Norris{it does not show what her age is or what year she was born on the census} she is living with Patrick Norris {Head Of The Family age 27 born 1874}, Ellen Norris {Wife - age 26 born 1875}, James Norris {Son - age 1 born 1900} and they are all living in Shanbally, Burn Court, Tipperary, Ireland on the 1901 Census

there is also a Mary Kate Norris {no Age and No Year Of Birth on the census} living with William Norris{Head Of The Family - Aged 31 and born 1870}, Ellen Norris{Wife - Aged 37 and Born 1864}, James Micheal {Son - Aged 3 and Born 1898}, John Joseph Norris{Son - Aged 2 and Born 1899}, Andrew Norris{Son - Aged 22 and Born 1879}, William Cahill {Step Son - Aged 15 and Born 1886},
Michael Cahill{Step Son - Aged 11 and Born 1890} and Ellie Cahill{Step Daughter - Aged 13 and Born 1888} all living in Killaloan, Tipperary, Ireland on the 1901 Census

there is also a Michael Norris{Head Of The Family - age 27 and born 1874} living with Patrick Norris{Son - Aged 1 and Born 1900}, Mary Norris{no age and no year of birth on the census}, David Walsh{Nephew - Aged 13 and born 1888}, Mary Collis{Servant - Aged 55 and Born 1846}, Alice Higgins {Servant - Aged 14 and Born 1847} all living in Barrack Street, Waterford Urban No.3, Waterford, Ireland on the 1901 Census

there is also a Mary Norris living with Julia Connor{Applicant} and Thomas Connor{Father} but NO Ages and NO Year Of Births on this census for any of the people mentioned. but they are living in Louth, Ireland on the 1841 & 1851 Census

there is also a Mary Norris{Niece - Aged 24 and Born 1877} living with Kate Languish{Head Of The Family - Aged 40 and Born 1861}, Kathleen Mary Norris{Niece - no Age and NO Year Of Birth for her on the census} all living in Longford No. 2 Urban, Longford, Ireland on the 1901 census.

these are the only options that appear ... this is all done with birth year 1813, give or take 0 years and exact location on findmypast website ''under the census section''}

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 13:16 BST (UK) »

there is a Mary Norris{it does not show what her age is or what year she was born on the census} she is living with Patrick Norris {Head Of The Family age 27 born 1874}, Ellen Norris {Wife - age 26 born 1875}, James Norris {Son - age 1 born 1900} and they are all living in Shanbally, Burn Court, Tipperary, Ireland on the 1901 Census

Link-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003913213/

This Mary Norris was 2 months old.

there is also a Mary Kate Norris {no Age and No Year Of Birth on the census} living with William Norris{Head Of The Family - Aged 31 and born 1870}, Ellen Norris{Wife - Aged 37 and Born 1864}, James Micheal {Son - Aged 3 and Born 1898}, John Joseph Norris{Son - Aged 2 and Born 1899}, Andrew Norris{Son - Aged 22 and Born 1879}, William Cahill {Step Son - Aged 15 and Born 1886},
Michael Cahill{Step Son - Aged 11 and Born 1890} and Ellie Cahill{Step Daughter - Aged 13 and Born 1888} all living in Killaloan, Tipperary, Ireland on the 1901 Census

Link-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003917134/

This Mary Kate Norris was 9 months old.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 13:50 BST (UK) »
Looks like the  Bridget Murnane her husband was Thomas.
Maggsie

Should have added that a birth for 1861 was for Mary father John Norris Mother Catherine Bourke.
Did Mary end up in England?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 14:43 BST (UK) »

there is also a Mary Norris{Niece - Aged 24 and Born 1877} living with Kate Languish{Head Of The Family - Aged 40 and Born 1861}, Kathleen Mary Norris{Niece - no Age and NO Year Of Birth for her on the census} all living in Longford No. 2 Urban, Longford, Ireland on the 1901 census.

Link-
House 2.2 in Abbeycartron (Longford No. 2 Urban, Longford)
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Longford/Longford_No__2_Urban/Abbeycartron/1555424/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001034341/

Kathleen Mary Norris - 10 months old

Births Apr-Jun 1900   
NORRIS    Kathleen Mary        Bradford, W.    5a   131
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Offline Samiluca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 17:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your searches. I very much appreciate your help. My Mary was either born to Catherine Bourke in 1816 in Borrisoliegh or to Bridgette Murnane  In Cashel & Emily in 1813. She lives her life in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Offline Samiluca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 17:17 BST (UK) »
Oh I now see that Cashel & Emily is a diocese .

Offline Samiluca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 17 August 22 19:25 BST (UK) »
Goodness,!!! The whole of Tipperary are called Burke/Bourke ......