Author Topic: Records for Nurses  (Read 361 times)

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Records for Nurses
« on: Thursday 25 August 22 11:10 BST (UK) »
Could anyone tell me if there was ever a nurse directory for nurses working in Clare, I have been told that one of my Ancestors  (Anne Gavin 15 oct 1867-15 july 1949 ) worked as a nurse there and would love to find some kind of evidence.

Thanks Kerrill
Mitchell Ireland Gavin Ireland  Morrison Ireland Hogan Ireland Kelly Ireland Duggan Ireland

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Records for Nurses
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 22 13:12 BST (UK) »

Maybe if you contact Clare County Council Archives, they will be able to tell you if there was ever a nurses directory. If so they should be able to advise you where it can be viewed.

Here's the contact details:
https://www.clarecoco.ie/your-council/contact-the-council/directory/default.html#A

Scroll down to Archives - Clare County Archives - address, e-mail and telephone number given.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 August 22 14:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much will try them. ;D
Mitchell Ireland Gavin Ireland  Morrison Ireland Hogan Ireland Kelly Ireland Duggan Ireland

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 August 22 10:32 BST (UK) »
I was going to leave it because I felt embarrassed, but I know you are a understanding lot and hope you  wont punish me for my error but I should have put Limerick not Clare but every other thing is correct as in  (Anne Gavin 15 oct 1867-15 july 1949 )

Please fogive me , it must be my age    :-\

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 August 22 11:31 BST (UK) »

Don't worry, Kerrill....there's nothing to forgive  :D

Just click on 'Report to moderator' (in blue bottom right) and ask for the thread to be moved to the Limerick board.

Here's some information about Limerick Archives.
https://www.limerick.ie/discover/explore/historical-resources/limerick-archives/about-limerick-archives

Contact information at the bottom of the page.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 August 22 11:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Kiltaglassan, your very understanding.

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 01 September 22 11:19 BST (UK) »
Could anyone tell me if there was ever a nurse directory for nurses working in Limerick, I have been told that one of my Ancestors  (Anne Gavin 15 oct 1867-15 july 1949 ) worked as a nurse there and would love to find some kind of evidence.

Thanks Kerrill

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 01 September 22 11:31 BST (UK) »
Could anyone tell me if there was ever a nurse directory for nurses working in Limerick, I have been told that one of my Ancestors  (Anne Gavin 15 oct 1867-15 july 1949 ) worked as a nurse there and would love to find some kind of evidence.

Thanks Kerrill

Kerrill,

Did you ever click on 'Report to moderator' and ask for this thread to be moved to the Limerick board?

I notice that you have changed the county from Clare to Limerick.

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 01 September 22 11:45 BST (UK) »
Yes I messaged Karen twice but thinking she may be on holiday.