Author Topic: Hucknall Church of St Mary Magdalene parish register - BAILEY  (Read 292 times)

Offline cbissell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hucknall Church of St Mary Magdalene parish register - BAILEY
« on: Wednesday 31 August 22 04:07 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,
I'm looking to confirm or disprove whether the marriage of Sarah Bailey (c.1872-c.1912) dau of Edward Bailey and Hannah Croxall Cox to William Reynolds (c.1870-c.1937), 1892 in the Church of St Mary Magdalene, Hucknall Torkard.

The records people have indicated come from Notts FHS and the 1901 and 1911 Census records. I'm trying to purchase the BDM records Notts FHS sells on CD however having issues with their site and will be some months before it arrives in Australia even if I manage to purchase. The 1911 census listing their children seems to support this being correct as there are names shared with Sarah's siblings but that's far from concrete.

Does anyone have access to confirm whether this is the correct relationship? I'm hoping the parish records will reflect each fathers' name or Sarah's 1891 address of 10 Byron Street.

Cheers,
Corey
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Bissell-Family-Tree-1199

Bissell, James, Robertson, Cartledge, Luckman, Bonnyman, Radcliffe, Appelbee, Staley, Elliott, Mason, Greenaway, O'Loughlin.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Hucknall Church of St Mary Magdalene parish register - BAILEY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 August 22 11:02 BST (UK) »
If you are just looking to confirm her fathers name - buying a copy of the marriage cert would be the quickest way even allowing for you being in Australia

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

Registration is free & copies cost £11GBP including postage

The reference needed is as follows

December qtr 1892
Basford
Volume 7B Page 311

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 September 22 13:34 BST (UK) »
hi,

First the NFHS disc for marriages only give Groom and Bride's names, church they married at and marriage date and no other info.

I'm going into Nottingham archives that have copies of the church marriages on micro finches so will have a look at the marriage for you, it was on 26 Nov 1892.

Nottsgirl1
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline Dizzifish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 September 22 13:36 BST (UK) »
Hello..... :)

Ancestry have approximately 75% of the complete registers for Nottinghamshire online  and intend to release the remainder in  late Spring of 2023.

Unfortunately Hucknall Torkard is one of those unavailable online at the moment.

The Nottinghamshire family history BDM records for Notts on CD is an index and only gives place and date of event..... but has been very useful for many of us.

I transcribed the details for you and hope this will help.... although no definite addresses is given.

Marriage - Fiche 38  - Parish Church of Hucknall Torkard - 26 Nov 1892 - after Banns - by William Walter Stackhouse?; asst priest.
William REYNOLDS, aged 22, Bachelor, occ Miner, residence Hucknall Torkard, Father = none given.
Sarah BAILEY, age 20, Spinster, - - - ,   residence Hucknall Torkard, Father = Edward Bailey, occ Collier.

Both signed
In the presence of : Joseph Allen & Alfred Allford

Hi nottsgirl1  :D ..... posted at the same time.... saved you a job .... hope you are well ?

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 September 22 14:02 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline cbissell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 October 22 08:18 BST (UK) »
Cheers everyone, that looks like it's definitely the right couple. They're a link I was trying to make between one of my Notts branches and a DNA match. The GRO site is definitely a great resource @Carole, I've used that quite a bit for maiden name lookups and to order certificates where needed, so easy :)

@Nottsgirl - thats good to know before pulling the pin on getting those CD's, they fixed their website now so it apparently works however I had gotten distracted by another relative reaching out so hadn't ordered it yet :D

also thanks @Dizzifish for the lookup, thats fantastic work and thanks @Nottsgirl for planning to do so! :)
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Bissell-Family-Tree-1199

Bissell, James, Robertson, Cartledge, Luckman, Bonnyman, Radcliffe, Appelbee, Staley, Elliott, Mason, Greenaway, O'Loughlin.