Author Topic: Possibility/likelihood for DNA match from 1830?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline lemur41

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Possibility/likelihood for DNA match from 1830?
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 04 September 22 07:33 BST (UK) »
When I was shown to be a DNA match with Lisa 6 years ago we communicated briefly, but didn't know on which family lines we matched. And we only had a couple of co-shared matches who didn't respond.

We have a few more now, I can see a much wider picture and I think that the match  ( 5 generations to MRCA) is going to be along my line with unusual surnames and in my tree will go back to around 1790's- 1800.

Which would  hopefully answer Lisa's original query, and confirm a comment made on this thread.  I don't have a lot of close  family members who have tested,  which on Gedmatch up to a 3,000 match comparison shows quite a lot with me @  around 4 or 5 generations to MRCA.

If we do get a response I'm sure one of us will update for you all

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 04 September 22 07:57 BST (UK) »
Hi lemur41.  Sorry for the delay in writing.  Among other things, I’ve been trying to cope with our latest heat wave.

I will try to have a look around now, but no promises as I stumble through the process.   ;)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline lemur41

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 04 September 22 08:48 BST (UK) »
Lise

Will send you a pm with all the dates/locations I want you to look at. I hope you've managed to crack  searching on Gedmatch, but no matter if I give you details with PR's etc, you can have a look
I obviously can't  write  anything on here re our actual  Gedmatches. 

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 04 September 22 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hi lemur41.  I was looking at the tree that you mentioned a day or two ago.  I only glanced at it but it doesn’t match up with my information.  We can continue this by pm so I don’t clutter up the thread.  ;)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline lemur41

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 04 September 22 09:37 BST (UK) »
Think we have to try contacting that match and some of the others. I meant to do some of it in April when I contacted you but life happens to all of us, and I think both you and I have had it in spades recently .
Personal Data protection is my thought, I'm sure some people will be following your thread  and will not worry about a bit of clutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 04 September 22 09:38 BST (UK) »
lemur41, I stepped away from looking at the matches and it logged me out.  I will resume later as it is 1:30 am.

Offline lemur41

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 04 September 22 09:44 BST (UK) »
Easy to do I sometimes log myself out moving from one set of tool matching to another. I curse everytime I have to go back throught the e mail/password log in

Will be later this pm before I've typed everything up for you and no rush to reply to me

Offline Simon62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 15 October 22 11:10 BST (UK) »
I've a single DNA match through one very unique surname on my fathers side to a 5th grt grandfather same surname born 1729 and the match in my paternal cousin line same surname to living 6th cousin 12cm.

Very rare I know but proves it is possible.

Simon
Craston
Bimson
Walker, Halifax
Bardsley, Cheshire
Bentley, Halifax
Fawcett, Westmorland
Batty, Kirkby Lonsdale
Tomlinson, Longridge

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 15 October 22 11:17 BST (UK) »
Wow, that’s amazing.  I imagine you were thrilled to find the match!  Thank you for sharing, Simon.