Author Topic: The crazy mixed up Winns and Winds  (Read 532 times)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The crazy mixed up Winns and Winds
« Reply #18 on: Friday 02 September 22 03:43 BST (UK) »
Have looked at various of the online trees but none of them have an actual baptism for John Winn bc.1814 Birtley - thus, if no actual baptism has been located how can you know who his parents actually were?
I agree with Annette.

There is a baptism in Oct 1812 Gateshead for a John WYNNE. Has this been considered?
Father is Henry Wynne, a pitman from Lamesley, and mother Isabella Hutchinson.

Henry and Isabella married Dec 1793 Gateshead. Henry’s surname is WYND on marriage.

EDIT Dundee’s post and mine overlapped. We are looking at the same people.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 September 22 05:06 BST (UK) »
Parents Henry WYND / WYNNE and Isabella HUTCHINSON
Children baptised Gateshead.
•   Mary 1796
•   George 1801 (born 1797)
•   Edward 1801 (born 1801)
•   Henry 1805 (born 1802)
•   Isabella 1805
•   Thomas 1807
•   William 1810
•   John 1812

Isabella HUTCHINSON was baptised 17 Feb 1771 - the daughter of Edward HUTCHINSON from Gateshead. Isabella was buried 2 Jan 1833 Gateshead
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Seelife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 September 22 14:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you Carol, Debra and Neale (and others). I do not have access to Ancestry.
However, each of your inputs do help somewhat. I had not seen the Hutchinson reference at all.
I will go back to where I know the line is correct (about Lev 3 I hope) and begin sifting the census stuff.

Re your comments on Familysearch - yes, I conclude its messy.... there are changes and no sourcing. Myheritage has been helpful but I have found a number of parallel records for the same persons (Winn/Wynne etc) with different spouses and vice-versa.

The question about Arthur (he was known as "Gerry") is valid. I lived at times with Aurthur and Olive as a child. He was a Banker but left UK under a cloud. I believe G Rigby is what is quaintly called a love child. His siblings Henry and Marjorie largely cut him adrift and only in later years was there contact.

I agree that both the Blakey AND Teasdale options are more questionable the more you good folk  find and with what I am seeing digging with my limited resources. So, at the moment I will look into the Isabella Hutchinson/Henry Wynne/Wind lead and see if it connects to the later family. Thank you all for the lead.

Finally, I agree Neale that Familysearch while useful has suddenly become messy with erroneous contributions without sources. I appreciate the contributions and patience from you all. I hope I can come with some useful inputs soon to this mixed up family of mine.
Winn, Wynne, Wynd, Wind, Winde