Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 11th September  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 11th September
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 14:50 BST (UK) »
So much going on and so many with worries.
A “ blanket “ wish now, to all who have problems of health or other matters, , those with friends and relatives who have any problems -  for good outcomes .
Phoned daughter, all went well with son in law but a wait now for biopsy results to see what the thickening in the ureter is .
He already had more stones formed.
I am going to re- name him Fred!
Actually he is more like Barney Rubble,mild and kind.

Sunny day now after torrential rain . Had heating on for an hour to take away the chill ,damp feel.
Cleaned the bathroom and still rearranging the utility room ,why oh why could it not be threee times bigger?

Must pick up new specs tomorrow when I have washed my hair and look less like I have just been let out of an institution!

No news really ,must phone eldest son ,he has really bad days from time to time ,like me indigestion par excellence!
( what would I do if they ever removed exclamation marks? )

M&S battered Haddock and mushy peas for tea.
Will do a sort of - chicken and mushroom pie tomorrow ,last of Sunday’s roast chicken .
Have Broccoli.  son like beans ,green ,runner ,haricot ,etc etc but not root vegetables .
He did when he was at home ,it woz  Uni wot ruined ‘im.

Best wishes to those with health worries ,their own or loved one’s .
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 16:16 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear that work is hard Pharma.  It must be tough being stretched beyond ability to manage.  That must feel very stressful.  Perhaps that is why some buses are displaying NHS ads advising people not to go to A&E as their first port of call if they can help it.  It does make me wonder what we are heading into this winter.  Hopefully, things won't be too bad because of the jabs.  What do you think, Pharma?

Sorry to read about the troubles your friends are going through, Chrissie.  It is very kind and supportive that you will be giving your friend a lift to the hospital.  I hope all goes well.

We're having quite a deluge of rain on Tyneside right now like rarely seen in these parts.  Also blasts of thunder and lightning!

Finally, got the result letter back from recent routine mammogram.  Found it on the mat when I got in from work last night.  Thought, oh no, here goes .. thankfully, it was an all clear!  Phew!

Have heard very recently that we no longer have to do on-going covid testing for work.  We only have to test now if having symptoms.  My first thought was hurrah!  I hate testing although have accepted it as a necessary evil.  I always gag.  I felt quite an uplift at the thought of not having to do this routinely anymore.  But then I wonder about the people who have no symptoms and who may only find out they have it through routine testing.  I hardly know what to think.  Apparently, this seems to be the next stage of living with it.  I don't know if I should be feeling this way - will it turn out a bad thing that routine testing has stopped - but I can't help feeling quite happy at prospect of not having to test routinely anymore.

Added: The sky has now brightened and the sun is out again.  What weird contrary weather we're having!

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 21:16 BST (UK) »
Evening all
Just catching up as I’ve been in Kent looking after youngest grandson. They had some cracking thunder and lightning the last couple of nights. Best wishes to those who are or who have folk they know struggling at the minute.
North East of England

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 22:05 BST (UK) »
Pleased your mammogram was OK RTL, I am too old to have routine ones now.
Some people really have it hard Chrissie ,hope all goes well.

Thanks for good wishes folks re son in law.

Grand daughter phoned today,a long chat ,she like her Mum my daughter has endometriosis ,was put on anti clotting drugs result—- massive
haemorrhage !
BP so very low her heart was starting to struggle.
Next crisis she will go to Addenbrooks ,not local hospital !
My family do nothing by halves !

I am considering buying a 5L water heater ,my sink is about 15 feet from the boiler, I have ti run all the cold water in the pipe from the boiler to get hit water for washing up.
Such a waste, then the pipes are left full of water ,going cold that has to be run off when next I want hot water !
The heater needs no plumbing ,and keeps hot very cheaply .
I hate leaving washing up, like it cleared asap .
Was considering another type but the one I am nowcinsuddrjng seems a lot cheaper to use.I will do my homework.
Cheerio ,kind thoughts to all who need them in these difficult times.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 22:25 BST (UK) »
Not surprising that you feel overwhelmed Chris, I hope your journey and your friend's angiogram go/went well. That's quite a hike to the hospital.

RTL, what a relief that must have been to get your results. Phew indeed!
I can understand your conflict of feelings about no longer testing, I suppose it couldn't go on for ever and in that respect we have to treat it like flu. I think part of the problem is that the effects of Covid have been so varied including the symptoms and the after effects, whereas flu is pretty much a known quantity in that you know what symptoms to expect and how long it's likely to last. The only comfort is that such massive progress has been made in a relatively short time in understanding the disease and treating it. I take my hat off to all the workers such as yourself and to the scientists.

Viktoria, that seems a complicated solution for the washing up. Could you not just boil a kettle?

Strange weather here too, it was very clammy and I went to meet a friend for lunch wearing sunglasses, even walking along the prom it was really warm. We couldn't see outside from where we were sitting in the café and when we emerged it was to see a deluge outside, the rain was bouncing inches off the pavement. Good job we'd taken macs with us, we delayed going outside till it eased off and a minute later it stopped. It's like being in the tropics!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 22:45 BST (UK) »
Your poor Granddaughter Viktoria!  I hope she is on the mend and won't have such another crisis.

My late sister who was 22 years older than me got breast cancer so I always find it a bit unsettling waiting for a result.  But it was a phew, yesterday thankfully!

Re: testing I had reconciled myself that it was going to go on forever or at least my working life.  So pleased it is dispensed with as a routine.  Yes, it is amazing how much progress has been made.  Hope you enjoyed time with your friend - good thing you both had foresight to take macs. 
Well, I had better drag myself off to bed now; 12 hour shift tomorrow and will have to get up very early.  Sleep well everyone.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 07 September 22 09:47 BST (UK) »
RTL sadly I don't think the boosters will be sufficient to make it a better winter.  Winter is always worse than summer with illnesses spreading in general.  With T cell depletion (weaking of immune system) caused by covid that won't help at all.  Then there's all the cardiovascular and autoimmune conditions triggered by covid plus those with pre-existing LTC who haven't had adequate monitoring either due to lack of appointments or them avoiding them because of covid.  Then the staff (unless old enough of meet condition criteria) are not entitled to boosters so most will be over a year since last vaccinated.  Sorry to be so pessimistic.

Thought that my daughter was more sure of what to apply for after the open day yesterday but apparently not.  She's convinced she's not good enough even though she exceeds the minimum entry requirements for the courses she was looking for.  However she did like the campus so perhaps narrow down location. Bit worried as my HR was climbing to 152 just walking about the campus, have called the GP today.  That plus the only person being masked in lecture halls is not good for my anxiety.

Boiler situation sounds inefficient Viktoria.

Sunshine and showers weather wise, don't think I'll risk hanging the washing out.

Some amazing and surprising finds in my family tree this week.

Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 September 22 12:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that depressing missive PharmaT....

And looking on the bright side, Covid levels are still decreasing, many people are now getting some joy out of life and a vast amount of people will get the booster.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 September 22 12:49 BST (UK) »
PharmaT
You must try in inspire confidence in your daughter, she sound a very bright and clever girl,

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London