Author Topic: Laurence Robin GUERIN  (Read 171 times)

Offline dunscore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Laurence Robin GUERIN
« on: Friday 23 September 22 03:57 BST (UK) »
I am wanting to make contact with any descendant of Laurence Robin Guerin, b. 6 Dec 1929.  He died Oct. 2003.  Married in April 1961 at St. Columba's Anglican Church, Hawthorne, Adelaide.  He was the youngest of 4 children of Hurtle St. Clair Guerin and his wife Rosalie Elizabeth (nee Andrews).  It is unknown if Laurence's wife is still alive.
Any information would be much appreciated.
Dunscore

Offline shume

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Laurence Robin GUERIN
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 September 22 11:43 BST (UK) »
http://ryersonindex.org/search.php

This is the link to the free resource Ryerson Index. There are 104 entries for deaths from the Adelaide Advertiser for the surname Guerin. You may be able to sort out the relevant ones.
I notice that there is a death notice for Lawrence Clair Guerin for Oct 2003. Is this your man?

shume  australia
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Offline ChristineM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 September 22 05:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Dunscore,

Have you contacted rootschatter Guerin (https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=172703.msg821040#msg821040).

Whilst she is primarily researching Guerin from County Clare to South Australia, I believe she has also researched other Guerins in SA including your line of enquiry so she might have some useful information.

She hasn't been active on this forum for some years but I know she is still around.

Christine.
AUSTRALIA: Farrelly, Boland, Harte
IRELAND:  Boland (Tipp), Dempsey (Cavan), Farrelly (Meath), Guerin & Harte (Clare), McGivern & McKenna (Monaghan), Traynor
SCOTLAND:  Dempsey (Edin), Welsh (Forfar,Arbroath,Kirriemuir,Kincardine), Milne (Forfar,Dundee), Barron, Bisset (Montrose)

Offline dunscore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 September 22 02:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you to everyone for your helpful suggestions.
Dunscore