Author Topic: Davies family, Coxhead Farm, Llanbister, Radnorshire  (Read 621 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Davies family, Coxhead Farm, Llanbister, Radnorshire
« on: Friday 07 October 22 18:02 BST (UK) »
Can anyone date this amazing photo please? We know where it was taken - the farm name was on the back - but trying to work out who is in the photo. Guessing it's around the 1920s.....
Thanks
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Davies family, Coxhead Farm, Llanbister, Radnorshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 October 22 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Deirdre, This is Edwardian, lovely photo.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 October 22 23:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol, so earlier than i was thinking. There were 19 grandchildren born to the couple at Coxhead, between 1906 and 1926 so i based my idea on them being the family. Only 4 by 1910 though. But an amazing photo (wish i had one like it in my family - this is a friend’s family).   
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 October 22 14:18 BST (UK) »
I know you asked for dating but thought perhaps a tidy would be OK.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 October 22 14:22 BST (UK) »
Gosh thanks japeflakes, that’s brilliant. I was amazed at the photo anyway but this is lovely. Despite not knowing exactly who is in the photo, it is going to be on the front cover of the book i’m creating. Would it be ok to use your version? 

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 October 22 14:24 BST (UK) »
Gosh thanks japeflakes, that’s brilliant. I was amazed at the photo anyway but this is lovely. Despite not knowing exactly who is in the photo, it is going to be on the front cover of the book i’m creating. Would it be ok to use your version?

Wait to see if you get some better ones first!..  Of course it would be OK!

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 October 22 14:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you. It will only be for my friend’s family, just wish someone could put names to at least some of them 🤔

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 08 October 22 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Deirdre

What a lovely photo  :)

The arrangement looks as if it might be two families. Is that possible?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 08 October 22 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget, well i was working on the idea (hope) that it included some of the children, spouses and grandchildren of my friend’s great grandparents, John and Sarah Evans, who were living at Coxhead farm. John died in 1920, Sarah in 1935. Sarah had three children before her marriage to John (one died young), then three more with John. I have found 19 children born to 4 of the family, 10 boys and 9 girls, from 1906 to 1926, and was hoping this was some of them. One of John and Sarah’s children plus family was living at Coxhead in 1921, but only for a short time, and I don’t believe any of the others actually lived there. So it could be a mix of the 4 families, but that is as close as i can get. John and Sarah and their children were at Coxhead in 1901 (but not 1891).