Author Topic: Davies family, Coxhead Farm, Llanbister, Radnorshire  (Read 653 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davies family, Coxhead Farm, Llanbister, Radnorshire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 October 22 15:11 BST (UK) »
These are one set of adults who might be in the photo, a son of Sarah's plus his wife, and a son-in-law who looks to me like the chap in the middle with the moustache (but i'm hopeless with facial recognition).
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 October 22 15:50 BST (UK) »
I've had a go at trying to divide them into families by looks and clothing but they seem to be a wee bit mixed - long faced ones and round faced ones intermixed. There's definitely two families but, as you say, could be more.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 October 22 16:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget, so do you think the 2 mothers are the third from left and the far right, with 2 husbands as the two men in the photo? If so, then i'm missing a lot of children from 2 families, and my friend's ancestors - the younger lot of children - may not be in the photo at all (fooled by the idea that as they had the photo it must belong to them!).
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 October 22 16:52 BST (UK) »
The woman on the right does look like Eva and the man on the left could be Alfred.

If so, Eva and Alfred seem to be both wearing buttonholes/sprays.

Difficult  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 October 22 16:56 BST (UK) »
Very! Thanks Gadget, unfortunately Alfred and Eva's children were born between 1911 and 1926 so not in the Edwardian era; think i'm going to have to admit defeat on naming them, though accepting that it is a wonderful photo taken at the family home.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 08 October 22 17:26 BST (UK) »
Decided to go back a generation and see if that threw anything up; sadly not. Sarah appears to be a single child with an unmarried mother, while John appears to be with his grandparents aged 5 and was then a servant on a farm at age 15, so neither with any confirmed family.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 08 October 22 17:46 BST (UK) »
It seems an awful lot of children.Could it be an event of some kind rather than just a family photo.

:-\

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 08 October 22 17:48 BST (UK) »
Doubt we’ll ever know, thanks Gadget 😀