Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 23rd October  (Read 3994 times)

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 23rd October
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 20 October 22 19:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, very pleased to see that the Dartford Crossing men have been evicted at last.  I had hoped for torrential rain, hurricane winds etc. whilst they were in situ, but then I very rarely achieve my dreams.  However, I would have liked to ask them the question, as I would like to ask others who cause such wanton chaos - "How did/do you get to your destination - did/do you walk?"  I hope so  ;D  :-X

Hard luck with the weather and the climate protestors who are funded by Paul Getty's grand daughter.

I'm trying to keep positive despite the roofer not turning up last week as arranged, or this week, as arranged,, because he had another job to do.

Since having cataracts out I find it difficult to read or write unless the lighting is right, which means from about noon to 3 pm, when the sun is shining.  This means I've written about half of the Christmas cards that I intend sending.

About last Christmas time the newspapers were full of this year's horoscopes and one or two thought the then current British PM would be ousted and there would be a female PM this year and then Boris would return.  Well, the new female PM has resigned and I've just heard that BJ is thinking of entering his name for the PM contest.  I await the result with interest.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 21 October 22 00:03 BST (UK) »
It's nearly Friday now, Thursday has been such a depressing day, continuous rain throughout the day. Didn’t sleep well, had only four and a half hours so was feeling grumpy all day. Have been out tonight, entertained by some really talented musicians so the day has ended better.

Can hardly believe the situation with our PM, it's like a comedy sketch but not very funny. Liz of the 44 days.

Rena, I thought cataract operations were supposed to improve your sight. Has it not been successful? Rather worrying. I hope you manage to get your cards written.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 21 October 22 09:17 BST (UK) »
Had the weirdest stress dream last night. In my dream you could see the clouds of germs coming from people and people still didn't try and avoid it.  Think it may come from the conversation I had with infection control where I was told if a maskless person wants to enter a 'covid room'' then we must let them.  Then the walk through the ward, in the lifts, the rest of the hospital, the bus etc  It upset me.

It's dry right now but the forecast says it is going to rain so debating if to risk hanging out the washing.  Off on annual leave now created a very long to do list.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 21 October 22 10:30 BST (UK) »
Enjoy your leave PharmaT.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 21 October 22 11:23 BST (UK) »
Right Pharma, that is very organised ,I like to do the same ,but frequently don’t get all done, phone calls needing attention etc .
Prioritise, then what you have not done won’t be felt as failure ,you will have done the most important stuff ,
We are too tough on ourselves sometimes ,I wonder if men are like that ,household duties are a must I know but don’t compare with a lot of other things that can be done when someone  feels like doing them .
Not getting at men ,but food and laundry and a basic
standard if tidiness etc are  essential, not like washing the car ,car maintenance yes .
So make a shorter list and see how  good you feel when you do all that and perhaps there will be time for one small job more .Success!
Treat yourself as you ,I am sure ,treat others,ie with consideration.
Cheerio.
 Viktoria.

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 October 22 20:32 BST (UK) »
Had the weirdest stress dream last night. In my dream you could see the clouds of germs coming from people and people still didn't try and avoid it.  Think it may come from the conversation I had with infection control where I was told if a maskless person wants to enter a 'covid room'' then we must let them.  Then the walk through the ward, in the lifts, the rest of the hospital, the bus etc  It upset me.

Years ago I watched a TV series about people being paid to sleep with cables sprouting from their scalps so that scientists could fathom the secrets of dreams and I'm sure the research is still being carried on.

The outcome of that early research was that  our brain "tidies up" all the happenings of the day, and files the information away in our memory banks for easy access if we want it.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 21 October 22 20:44 BST (UK) »

I think my dream may have been triggered by having several heated discussions about infection control and air flow.  I was feeling like I was the only one who could see the issue.
Years ago I watched a TV series about people being paid to sleep with cables sprouting from their scalps so that scientists could fathom the secrets of dreams and I'm sure the research is still being carried on.

The outcome of that early research was that  our brain "tidies up" all the happenings of the day, and files the information away in our memory banks for easy access if we want it.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 21 October 22 21:05 BST (UK) »
It's nearly Friday now, Thursday has been such a depressing day, continuous rain throughout the day. Didn’t sleep well, had only four and a half hours so was feeling grumpy all day. Have been out tonight, entertained by some really talented musicians so the day has ended better.

Can hardly believe the situation with our PM, it's like a comedy sketch but not very funny. Liz of the 44 days.

Rena, I thought cataract operations were supposed to improve your sight. Has it not been successful? Rather worrying. I hope you manage to get your cards written.

I am a confirmed meat eater, but due to the busy life I used to lead, I do buy bananas and nuts for their calming affect on the brain due to the minerals they contain.

When I was young, a little trick that our mother and her sisters used to use was when making a drink of hot cocoa with a splash of milk and topped up with water.  We youngsters had to stir our drink and scoop the bubbles that formed in the middle of the surface - sipping those bubbles was our good luck for the day ahead.   Reality  dawns when we get to be adults and we find that we make our own luck lol

I must say Roobarb that I had better eyesight with cataracts than without them.  One operation was a bit troublesome as I seemed to have a few rough rocks rolling about under one eyelid, which took about a year to be swilled out by daily eyedrops.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 21 October 22 21:21 BST (UK) »
I had  both of my cataracts done roughly 6 weeks apart,  no problems at all but I still  have to wear specs

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London