Author Topic: Ancestry discount  (Read 11498 times)

Online Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Ancestry discount
« on: Sunday 23 October 22 11:00 BST (UK) »
I renewed our Worldwide subs for £89.99 in June and today their is a splash banner that have the same offer, with £59.99 for UK.

Can some of you please check the link to see what you get?

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/offers/subscribe?dna=crossAct&o_iid=70089&o_lid=70089&o_sch=Web+Property

EDIT
I started this thread in the hope that members see and can make use of this offer.

What Ancestry presents to people viewing does seem to vary which is why I am asking the question of what you see as it msy well be totally different.

I have had a PM saying they cannot post to this thread and only see the UK offer so I attach a cropped image of my screen

Offline sjjs12

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry discount
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Doesn't work for me - gives a no option (normal) price webpage

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 15:46 GMT (UK) »
6 month only for me as well  >:(
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 17:23 GMT (UK) »
The above offer which we have been using for some 5/6 years seemed to disappear at the end of October (referenced on other threads) 

However, it has been reported that if you ring ancestry and get a very polite operator, there is a chance they may offer you a generous discount   :) :)  Many RootsChatters have happily reported back with that information.

Worth a try, Good Luck
Merry Christmas
Sandra   :) :)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Biggles post at the start of this thread was made in October, as Sandra says, before the offer disappeared.

I phoned Ancestry support last week, a couple of days before my subscription expired, explained that I had obtained a worldwide sub for £89.99 last year (didn't say how) and politely asked if there was anything they could do for me this year, as in the current situation money is tight, etc. I was offered the renewal at the same price, £89.99.

The only thing was that I had to lose the remaining couple of days of my existing subscription, as they had to start the new sub there and then, via card payment over the phone, or risk me ringing back a few days later and potentially getting a less favourable response. A couple of days didn't bother me in the circumstances, but if it does bother anyone, I'd recommend waiting until the last day of your current subscription.

I did think about letting the current subscription expire before I called them, but reasoned that if I called without a current sub, they might be less inclined to make an offer?
Stokes - London and Essex
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts
Humphries/Humphreys from Montgomeryshire

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Yayee - great news. Thanks for confirming that system works Phil.

Merry Christmas.
Hope more get a good discount when they ring ancestry.
Sandra  :) :)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas to you too Sandra, and everyone on the forum :)
Stokes - London and Essex
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts
Humphries/Humphreys from Montgomeryshire

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Biggles post at the start of this thread was made in October, as Sandra says, before the offer disappeared.

I phoned Ancestry support last week, a couple of days before my subscription expired, explained that I had obtained a worldwide sub for £89.99 last year (didn't say how) and politely asked if there was anything they could do for me this year, as in the current situation money is tight, etc. I was offered the renewal at the same price, £89.99.

The only thing was that I had to lose the remaining couple of days of my existing subscription, as they had to start the new sub there and then, via card payment over the phone, or risk me ringing back a few days later and potentially getting a less favourable response. A couple of days didn't bother me in the circumstances, but if it does bother anyone, I'd recommend waiting until the last day of your current subscription.

I did think about letting the current subscription expire before I called them, but reasoned that if I called without a current sub, they might be less inclined to make an offer?

Has anyone tried this after their subscription has expired? Mine (£89.99 for 12 months) expired at the end of November and I'm not going to renew at £89.99 for 6 months (even more so at the normal price of £119.99), but I would if they will do it for 12 months again. It's nice to have, but not essential for me at the moment and I can happily do without it for 6-12 months.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 13:46 GMT (UK) »
I cancelled mine about a week before renewal date of 8th December. Ive just renewed today by phone  for 12 months at £89.99.
Kind lady checked my account and could see I had been with them a long time.

😃
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)