Author Topic: Ancestry discount  (Read 11547 times)

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry discount
« Reply #54 on: Monday 09 January 23 03:13 GMT (UK) »
jc26red

Now that Ive found where Ancestry so cleverly hide their phone numbers and helpdesk email address, I can do this.

for other people looking here is where they are for most countries:
https://support.ancestry.com/s/phonesupport?language=en_US

Gen in NBL UK
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 15 January 23 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Another happy customer...

I had an email offering me a discount of 50% for Premium Membership which I've never had! ???

I called the 'Support' line 0800 783 1340 & explained the offer I'd received which had no mention of Worldwide...

The lovely woman checked back my membership history & informed me I'd been a member for a 'very long time, 17 yrs' & offered me my usual package - Worldwide for £89.99  :)

'It's good to talk'  :D

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Kaz67

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 17 January 23 11:05 GMT (UK) »
I contacted Ancestry this morning using their live 'chat' app & asked if there was any discount on the 'worldwide' membership (I've had the £89 offer for the last 3 years). They checked my details & told me 'no discounts available at this time'. I've been a member since 2008  :'(

Offline daisy33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 17 January 23 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to everyone for their helpful tips on renewal discounts. I tried online chat to get worldwide annual sub. discount but no joy.
After reading advice about telephoning I have just done this and a lovely gentleman gave me 50% discount. Happy days :)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 16:32 GMT (UK) »
My Premium subscription expires on 21 January, so the deals don't work for me, just take me to my account.
So I rang up to beg for a discount.  The very polite and efficient lady advised that I needed to wait until my sub had expired and then call again, quoting the case number which she proceeded to give me. She has promised me a 50% discount recorded on the file, so hopefully that will be applied when I call again to renew.  ;D

Update on this.  I pursued it today and everything went without a hitch. So I'm subscribed for another year at the 50% rate.  It's nice to be told that my custom is so much appreciated!   :)

In the meantime I received an email offering me 4 months sub for £20, which also works out at half price, but with a shorter commitment.  I've had this offer before when cancelling and not renewing within a few days, and I always accepted it (this was before we found the magic link!).  In the past  they invariably offered it again when I cancelled towards the end of the four months.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In the past I have had uk sub info supplied by SANDRA.

I have never receive any emails from Ancestry in the past even though they confirm they have all my correct details - seems to be their problem which they have been unable to fix in 17 years!

So in order to attempt to obtain a discount should I telephone a few days prior to renewal or
should I cancel automatic renewal now and then telephone a few days prior to renewal?

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 20:14 GMT (UK) »

I contacted Ancestry this morning using their live 'chat' app & asked if there was any discount on the 'worldwide' membership (I've had the £89 offer for the last 3 years). They checked my details & told me 'no discounts available at this time'. I've been a member since 2008  :'(

Presume you have cancelled automatic renewal and membership has lapsed.

Now that chat didn't work for you this time, try ringing. Hopefully you will get someone who will offer you the discount.

Good Luck
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In the past I have had uk sub info supplied by SANDRA.

I have never receive any emails from Ancestry in the past even though they confirm they have all my correct details - seems to be their problem which they have been unable to fix in 17 years!

So in order to attempt to obtain a discount should I telephone a few days prior to renewal or
should I cancel automatic renewal now and then telephone a few days prior to renewal?

Cancel the automatic renewal.  Don't take any chances that they can take a full subscription.
Can you wait until it expires before ringing or do you prefer to ring earlier ? Mostly its best to wait until sub has expired.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 26 January 23 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks will cancel automatic renewal, let sub expire and then telephone.

With a bit of luck will get a discount.

Sandra your info has saved me lots of money for the last few years so many thanks

Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.