Author Topic: DNA results - trying to find my grandmothers birth father  (Read 1497 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: DNA results - trying to find my grandmothers birth father
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 21:24 GMT (UK) »
If the birth father comes from a line of single mothers and or fathered other children with single mothers surnames won't help you find matches .

As you can identify the matches to 3 grandparents.. can you now mark all the matches over 30cm that do not match any of the matches that are shared with the top matches from them .

After grouping the unknown grandfather matches if they have trees look at their ancestors locations . If not take a look at their ethnicity . You might be able to rule out one side of their trees or see a pattern that does match your father ie a high Welsh percent .

Did you try following paper trail to find if Florence Miles went to court to get an affiliation order for Nancy Olive .?

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 21:35 GMT (UK) »
I suppose You've seen the 1911 census Hornsby

where Nancy O MILES  is a nurse child aged 2 months  with Charles William + Emma DUBERY who have an 8year old daughter and another nurse child baby Fred smith .

Have you found her in 1921
The DUBERY s or SLATERS could have been related or could have been paid to take on children

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 November 22 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Just skimmed through the replies....
Don't think anyone mentioned up loading your father's DNA results to GEDMATCH.
That might prove very helpful.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.