Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 13th November  (Read 4969 times)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 13th November
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 18:10 GMT (UK) »
At the moment  I feel like one of the lucky  ones  who belongs   to the fully paid up jab brigade,  I don’t feel to bad at all, but I have to isolate,  which even on day one I don't like much, my son in law hasn't had any jabs due to an underlying condition and he has it as well, he  feels as if he has  been "run over by a truck", I hope he will be ok, I am sure the boosters help and perhaps I have a minor dose, I feel downright lazy doing  nothing

Pleased to see you back Viktoria, modern technology flumoxes me quite often

Oh dear, sorry your appt , these things are easily done, hope you don't have to wait to long

Take care everyone

LM

You shouldn't feel lazy, you are ill and need to recover (don't do what I do, do what I say).  No need to do nothing though just balance, read maybe if eyes not too tired etc
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 19:02 GMT (UK) »
What a stink memento of your special week LM ... and you are still doing all the right things of course by accepting isolation and some care and rest but do understand annoyance of your bad luck. Almost certainly cases go unreported because of the inconvenience of it all, however much others are inconvenienced by that! Good wishes for bouncing back quickly and for your son in law in his recovery too.

Oops for the muddle Viktoria, busy lady and I wouldn't imagine ready for Old Folks Home yet at all ... diary of my mind definitely not up to scratch, probably needs a good defragging as full of stuff I don't really need!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 19:12 GMT (UK) »
No, Viktoria is not  ready for the old folks home , she seems bright and breezy, I think we all have memory lapses, I have told myself to check the date every day just in case I get asked  by a Dr or a nurse but to be honest how many of us remember every day's date after we retire,  I just keep tabs on week endings and that is due to the diary

I am  more worried about my son in law who hasn't had any jabs, but he has an underlying problem

Pharma T, many thanks for  your good advice

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 19:34 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry to hear that you've caught Covid LM and your son in law too.  That is awful that he is feeling so rough at the moment.  I'm glad  to hear though that you've just got a mild dose of it.  Thank goodness this didn't happen earlier during your birthday celebrations.
Don't feel guilty about being 'lazy' this week; just make the most of it.  As Pharma says read a good book perhaps or look out for something good to watch and of course there is always RC. 
Take care LM - get well soon. :-*

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 20:41 GMT (UK) »
With last weeks happy birthday and this weeks get well I am overwhelmed  with all the good wishes,  huge thank you to you all

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 21:30 GMT (UK) »
I have told myself to check the date every day just in case I get asked  by a Dr or a nurse

It’s to be hoped they’ve stopped asking people to name the Prime Minister, there must be lots of us who have lost tack of that one these days  :-X

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 22:39 GMT (UK) »
My problem with the memory test they appear to do is the ‘count back from 100 in 7’s’. I just can’t do it but my then 93 year old dad did it no bother. I have an issue with numbers- basically I’m rubbish at numeracy, but I did pass my level 2 numeracy at the age of 50 [ failed O level maths all those years ago). I’ve been trying to learn by rote 100 minus 7 etc, but I can get 93, 86 and that’s your lot. So whilst I might recall the address they give you and the prime minister, I’d fail the number test!
North East of England

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 10 November 22 02:07 GMT (UK) »
I’m the same candle flame - completely useless with numbers. I call it numerical dyslexia, but I think it’s called Dyscalculia. I can do basic sums though, but would never be able to count backwards in 7s!  ::)

We have rising numbers of covid cases here, and they’ll only be the numbers which people have bothered to report. Apparently the XBB strain, which is resistant to vaccines and antibodies from previous infections, and emerged in Singapore a few weeks ago, is the latest, and now makes up more than half the cases of covid here. Though unless they test each one for variants I don’t know how they know this.

Still we’re advised to continue to get vaccinated. On the one hand saying that the new strains are resistant to vaccines and on the other hand advising people to get vaccinated, doesn’t make much sense and I’m sure people will think “why bother”. Here there have been four vaccines (3 boosters) offered so far - and likely to be a fifth offered soon, being the “new” bivalent one.

I don’t think most people here care much any more.  :-\

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 10 November 22 03:22 GMT (UK) »
You're right it is dyscalculia, I would just tell someone you have it and ask them to use a different test.

They work out percentages of cases being which variant by fully sequencing a proportion of PCRs samples taken.  You're right though that throws the figures off as it can miss a new variant especially in the early days with only a few cases if those are not the one sampled.  Also if anything like us and PCRs only happening in percentage of hospital patients then it is less likely to pick up any milder variants and delay detecting worse variants until enough are hospitaliised since it's unusual to be hospitalised on day one of infection
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others