Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 27th November  (Read 11761 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 27th November
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 24 November 22 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Okay .. I am not 100% on the name now Mowsehowse, although I think I remember.  It was the 1980s and the bakers shop in question  was over the road from St Paul's Church in Whitley Bay.
The assistant I felt, was acting deliberately obtuse to avoid admitting to their error.  It felt like Monty Python us going round in circles.  I think I was more annoyed at her attitude than I was about the wrong cake design.  To me it was quite clear what I was saying about wanting the shown design displayed in the window .  But she kept treating me like a fool, as though I wanted the fake cake in the window.  It was highly annoying. >:(

Just in general on the subject of food photography, I wish there was a website where people could upload real photos and compare to the photo shown on packaging.  Last year, I bought some tiramasu pots and on opening found virtually no cocoa topping on.  I thought of returning this to the shop but ended up just eating it as it was.  No will power to wait that day. :-X

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 24 November 22 13:10 GMT (UK) »
I was in the library yesterday and did a look up for someone on here. The library is a warm heating hub now and there were quite a few in for the free coffee, tea and biscuits.  I succumbed to one small bourbon.  They have a communal jigsaw on the go too, not that I am one for jigsaws.  But it was quite a jolly and pleasantly warm atmosphere. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 24 November 22 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello, all done and dusted,and whilst not totally pain free more like smarting than real pain .
Now begins the many drops etc,  every day for  eight to ten weeks . One,Maxitroll salve ten times a day !
The Consultant talked to a student but did the op himself ,” You can get away with going in at 60 degrees but the greater the angle the better the result, I am going in at 180 degrees “ —- I wanted to say “ That is nearly an armful!
A bit if a mix up with drops prescribed for  Rt eye! But I got it sorted!
I expected a nasty mess when eye pad removed this morning but no, a tiny parch of blood smaller than a 5p piece.
 So all in all not bad at all.
I have a cone of vision , with a fuzzy bit to my left side ,but 75% pretty good which has a good chance if significant improvement .
Many thanks everyone for your really kind wishes.
The driver got a bit lost going over the hills / moors to Rochdale ,I thought - we will end up at Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary ,oooer!
I’d be de flead and worse!

Flash Harry I’d The Donkey in his school’s Nativity play. Was not too keen but had the story told to him fully and is now fully convinced it all depended on that little donkey!Forget The Angel and The Kings- think Donkey!
My daughter found a proper donkey suit at Sainsbury’s ,so got it as they have to provide their own .
He is much happier now .I will get something for Kyra,they do play well together, well he acts daft and she laughs.
Morrisons have  bear outfits.

So next year there might be three  Kings, Donkey , Oxen  Sheep and  a bear!

Exeunt chased by a bear!

Thanks again everyone ,such kindness and I am pleased to be able to report  no drama or great pain.
I know it is early days ,but I can only report how things are .
Cheerio
Look after yourselves ,you all deserve it!
Viktoria.X

Sanctuary!

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 24 November 22 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Happy to hear everything went well, Viktoria, and you are on the mend.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 24 November 22 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Pleased it all went well, take care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 24 November 22 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Very pleased to hear it went well Viktoria.
North East of England

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 24 November 22 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I'm very glad to hear you got through things alright Viktoria.  I think you are courageous; especially having to listen to the consultant's explanation of the procedure. 😱
I think we have all been on tenterhooks waiting to hear from you, so it is a relief to know that you are okay and unstoppable as ever. :)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 24 November 22 19:33 GMT (UK) »
That is such good news Viktoria. You sound very buoyant now it is done!

All hail the donkey!  :D
How marvellous to find a ready made costume.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 24 November 22 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear all went well and you are not in too much pain Viktoria.

I know what a bother it can be having to do regular eye drops. Not for me personally, but my dog has had to have eye drops 10 times a day for the last 10 weeks, hopefully not for too much longer. I have reminder alarms set day and night.

He now has to wear a cone to stop him scratching his eyes.  Just as well the driver didn’t drop you off at the animal sanctuary Viktoria, you could have come out with a cone too  ;D

Take care and I hope you are fully recovered soon x
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton