Author Topic: Past relative  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Chloebolton22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Past relative
« on: Tuesday 22 November 22 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Im looking to find more information about Ruth Saxon 1907–1980

When Ruth Saxon was born in 1907 in Wigan, Lancashire, his father, Matthew, was 36 and his mother, Jane, was 30. He had three daughters with Ellen Matthews between 1932 and 1972. He died in 1980 in his hometown at the age of 73.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Past relative
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 November 22 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Im looking to find more information about Ruth Saxon 1907–1980

When Ruth Saxon was born in 1907 in Wigan, Lancashire, his father, Matthew, was 36 and his mother, Jane, was 30. He had three daughters with Ellen Matthews between 1932 and 1972. He died in 1980 in his hometown at the age of 73.

Are you sure 'his' name was Ruth Saxon? Ruth is usually a female not male name.

Your other topic on Wilfred Mathews had the same dates (1907-1980) and his wife was Ellen Matthews.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=867640.msg7382476#msg7382476
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 November 22 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Chloebolton22, might be a good gesture to thank all those who helped you in your last post before they embark on this one.

John

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 November 22 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Well said johnhood.
Several people gave a lot of their time and expertise, voluntarily,  to find a great deal of information to help the OP.
Not one word of thanks for all their trouble, or even an acknowledgement for the vast amount of information that was found.

(I was not one of those that helped, so this does not relate to me.
I do think people have perhaps 'misunderstood' shall we say to be kind, the ethos of Rootschat, which is a totally free site, the people on it giving their time and knowledge voluntarily to help others.
A little 'thank you' goes a long way on here, as it does in life in general.
As johnhood says, people might not be so willing to help again those who seem to ignore all the time and work that those who had previously spent to try and help the OP.
Rant over!  :) )
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 November 22 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Chloe.

I suggest that you give your subject headings some more descriptive titles rather than “past relative” or “ancestor”. It makes it clearer what you are looking for and any potential helpers will instantly know if they might be able to assist you.

Huge amounts of information have been found for you on your other threads, with help from some of the best and most experienced rootschatters, so it would be a shame not to acknowledge the help they have given.

John and Goldie, as Chloe is a new member and hasn’t returned to her threads to thank anyone, it crossed my mind that she may not have set up her profile to receive email notifications of replies, or she may be a bit lost in the system and unable to find her current threads? You would hope that is the case anyway rather than ignoring previous replies.  :)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 01:28 GMT (UK) »
Welcome from me too. And agree with other posters that responses and thanks are conducive to further help.  :)

I can't see any deaths in Wigan (on FreeBMD) for a name anything like "Ruth SAXON" died 1980 aged 73. Nor any male SAXON births in Wigan in 1907.