Author Topic: Lee's and Emmetts in and around Kent  (Read 5557 times)

Offline samsls

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lee's and Emmetts in and around Kent
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hmm, I'm not sure how to prove Isaac was Thomas and Rose's son, or why myself and other people have him down as that when the baptism transcription says his mum was Lurina.
The only thing I can see right now that relates him to Thomas and Rose Lee is his children: Amos, Susannah and Alexander are also the names of what would be his siblings (if he's thomas and rose's son) and also the fact that they often changed their first names..
Interesting that you thought it could be Florina SCAMP and I had her down as Rose SCAMP, maybe there was a Rose FLORINA Scamp? Who also went by Florina or Lurina/Lorina?

Hi, interestingly there is another baptism record which has her down as Sunna which suggests to me she was actually a Susannah. Will keep digging. :)

Offline curtainhooks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Also just saw the baptism record with ''Sunna'', didn't think about the Sunna and Susannah link but that does make sense.
With the Richander/Dorinder question, was it the Richander Emmett born in 1848 (daughter of Abraham and Susannah Emmett) or the Richander Emmett born 1868 (granddaughter of Abraham and Susannah Emmett)?

what records did you find for ''Dorinder Emmett'', can't seem to find any  :)

Offline samsls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Also just saw the baptism record with ''Sunna'', didn't think about the Sunna and Susannah link but that does make sense.
With the Richander/Dorinder question, was it the Richander Emmett born in 1848 (daughter of Abraham and Susannah Emmett) or the Richander Emmett born 1868 (granddaughter of Abraham and Susannah Emmett)?

what records did you find for ''Dorinder Emmett'', can't seem to find any  :)

Hi, the only record of Dorinda I can see is from this document (see attachment).

My tree at the minute isn't clear here tbh.  :)

I have a theory that Richander died at birth and Dorinda adopted the name at some point for some reason. :)

Offline curtainhooks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 14:09 GMT (UK) »
I think Dorinda and Richander must be the same person or as you said Dorinda took the name Richander, on a census there is a RICHANDER LEE married to a James Lee, living with Abraham and Susannah. This must be the ''Dorinda'' Emmett that married James Lee.
Do you already have this census?
If not, it says their children are: Ezekiah Lee (b. 1868) and Fairnette Lee (b. 1869) - (probably Fairnetta).
I will check their baptisms for what they put their mothers name as- Dorinder or Richander.
The only thing is, if Dorinda did adopt the name Richander after her sister who died, there would be a birth/baptism for a DORINDA EMMETT too, unless Abraham and Susannah didn't register the birth of her at all (which I have seen a lot with travellers so who knows  ::)).
Will look for the name of the mum on baptisms for Ezekiah and Fairnette and maybe some kind of record of Dorinda's birth  :)

Offline curtainhooks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 14:18 GMT (UK) »
You've probably already found this but just in case you haven't:
On Ezekiah's or ''Hezekiah's/Hezakiah's'' it says his mothers name is Richander
Can't find Fairnette's but found one for Abraham Lee mothers name being: Richander

Offline samsls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 16:11 GMT (UK) »
You've probably already found this but just in case you haven't:
On Ezekiah's or ''Hezekiah's/Hezakiah's'' it says his mothers name is Richander
Can't find Fairnette's but found one for Abraham Lee mothers name being: Richander

Yes I noticed that too. Very confusing indeed.

I also wondered if Sunna was either Susannah or even Hanna depending on the state of the document/records someone may have read Hannah/Susanna as Sunna. Or maybe I am just clutching at straws at this point haha. :)

Offline samsls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 16:29 GMT (UK) »

local 597

Seems to be a fair bit of evidence supporting a Richenda (although one was buried) but little suggesting a Dorinda. 🤷‍♂️

Offline samsls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 December 22 13:59 GMT (UK) »
I think Dorinda and Richander must be the same person or as you said Dorinda took the name Richander, on a census there is a RICHANDER LEE married to a James Lee, living with Abraham and Susannah. This must be the ''Dorinda'' Emmett that married James Lee.
Do you already have this census?
If not, it says their children are: Ezekiah Lee (b. 1868) and Fairnette Lee (b. 1869) - (probably Fairnetta).
I will check their baptisms for what they put their mothers name as- Dorinder or Richander.
The only thing is, if Dorinda did adopt the name Richander after her sister who died, there would be a birth/baptism for a DORINDA EMMETT too, unless Abraham and Susannah didn't register the birth of her at all (which I have seen a lot with travellers so who knows  ::)).
Will look for the name of the mum on baptisms for Ezekiah and Fairnette and maybe some kind of record of Dorinda's birth  :)

Hi, so I found Fairnettes record. Richender is down as her mum. For some reason her name has been spelled Vanit on the records.

:)

[]

charactercounter