Author Topic: Don M'K Crum with Box Brownie Camera  (Read 943 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Don M'K Crum with Box Brownie Camera
« on: Monday 12 December 22 22:00 GMT (UK) »
My late father was born December 1912.  I was sent this photo by a granddaughter of Don's oldest brother John.

I would appreciate and am hoping somebody can resurrect his image.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Don M'K Crum with Box Brownie Camera
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 07:34 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry, Rena, there's not a lot left there to go on, so you have to start making it up, which I don't like to do.  Anyway here's my go.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 07:57 GMT (UK) »
Not as good but had a quick go for you:

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Peter and Japeflakes for even trying to resurrect the image of my teenage dad; I'm much obliged.

My dad loaned me that blue Kodak camera when I went with the girl guides to a Jamboree in Holland that Queen Juliana had organised  circa 1950.  Of the whole reel only one photo was any good and that was one I'd taken of her palace.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke