Author Topic: Sizer family in Lincolnshire  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Tony Drew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Sizer family in Lincolnshire
« on: Wednesday 07 September 05 05:02 BST (UK) »
My maternal grandmother was a Sizer from a rather prolific Sizer background, mainly from the Hogsthorpe/Alford area, but stretching from North Somercotes in the North as far as Peterborough/Boston in the South, and Louth, etc in the West, i.e. whatever you like to call it, the Marsh or the Fens, etc..   I would appreciate anyone with any connections getting in touch, thank you.
Tony Drew
Drew - Wiltshire pre 1850, London post 1850
Tyler - London since 1800
Sizer - Lincolnshire (all)
Burton - Derbyshire pre 1900, Lincolnshire post 1880
Croysdill - Derbyshire (all)

Offline Richard Sizer

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sizer family in Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 17:42 BST (UK) »
Dear Tony,
I believe I corresponded with you some 10-12 years, in the early 2000,s regarding my Grandfather John Robert Sizer who was from either North or South Sommercotes in North Lincolnshire.  He met my Grandmother in Grimsby and spent his life there.  If I'm correct you sent me a photo of the Sizer family circa 1870 and stated that a young woman in the photo was my Father's Great Aunt who died in 1945.  You also stated the existence of 2 Sizer families living in close proximity which is odd given the rarity of the surname.
  Unfortunately at that time my computer crashed beyond repair so of course I lost your details and could not come back to you.  The strange thing was that when I looked at the photo I could see my father in the girl you pointed out.  I showed it to my late father at the time and he reacted very strangely to the photo.  Whether there is some kind of 'skeleton' I do not know, but at the time it struck me as odd.
  I do know we have a family bible passed down the male line with name and dates of the male Sizers.  I am Richard Sizer, my Father John Sizer b 1938 and my Grandfather John Robert or John Robert born 1938.  I noticed some of the biblical names on one of your posts, and I'm sure there is an Elijah a Lemore and possibly Herbert Sizer etc. in the bible  I live in Spain now and am going to ask my son in the Uk to dig it out at my Mother's house.

Apologies, for not coming back to you all those years ago but I had no contact details for you because of my IT problem.  It was very kind of you to send the photo attachment.  Kind Regards Richard Sizer.  p.s if i'm barking up the wrong tree please ignore but I recognised your name from the posts...,I think