Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 8 January 2023  (Read 11172 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 8 January 2023
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 January 23 11:05 GMT (UK) »
A very Happy New Year to all here on RC…

Sorry to hear Viktoria has covid, do hope you improve soon.. a hacking cough can be so draining… look forward to hearing all about your trip at Christmas.

PT - lovely you and your youngest daughter were able to enjoy some quality time together being creative…

RTL - I don’t envy your routine of two buses to get to work and standing around in the chill… true dedication to your job though..

LM - our card numbers are down this year too… postal strikes I think, had a message from a friend yesterday to say they’d had our card the day b4… I posted them all in first wk of Dec!

We didn’t put up as many decorations this year so it won’t be quite the same chore taking them all down to put back in the loft! I’ll miss tge little fibre optic tree I bought my mum years ago and she’d always say could I leave it out as it cheered her up! I think of her everytime I switch it on..

A quiet day here today… no traffic very peaceful and the weather is not wet which is a change.

I’m looking fed to the spring when I can get out and about for walks more… the fields are too wet to walk over and have to drive to get a decent walk in… rather defeats the object of just stepping out of the front door!

Hope this year is going to be a better one for us all… I hate looking at the news such doom and gloom doesn’t help to raise the spirits does it!

Take care all and enjoy this extra days holiday… not that it makes much difference when you’re retired!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 January 23 13:06 GMT (UK) »
So sorry to hear you have Covid Viktoria. I found the thread where you described what's been going on, I hope you don't mind, I'm taking the liberty of providing the link to it so anyone else who missed it can read it:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=868578.0

I hope you soon feel better, it's important  to get plenty of rest.

Thanks for the tip about the card tree Candleflame. If I'm moaning about the cards taking up so much room next December you might have to remind me!  :D

Good to hear from you Caroline, I hope you manage to get out for a walk soon. We've had a lot of rain here but it's been at night, had some beautiful sunny days. Every time I go for a walk on the field it gets muddier, I think one of these days I'll be sinking in it up to my waist!  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 January 23 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for posting that link Roobarb as I’d not seen Viktoria’s post either.
Viktoria get well soon.
Just been down to the tumble dryer (in garage at bottom of the garden) to get the towels. It is FREEZING out there tonight. Yet I’m sure I heard a weather forecast say the temperatures are due to rise. Clearly not here yet.
North East of England

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 January 23 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Thankfully, the bus came shortly after I posted this morning so I was on time. 
I'll be on another early start tomorrow, but I think buses will back to normal weekday service then.

Yes, you do sound perky Viktoria.  I hope your cough gets better soon.   I agree with Roobarb that you should try to get plenty of rest as you recover.     

Lovely to see you back posting Caroline.  I hope you do manage to get a local walk in soon.
Roobarb that is impressive that you are still braving the cold and mud for your walks.
I take it you probably have a good pair of walking boots?
I have a pair that look awful now, but I keep them as they are still good for walking around clarty places and very comfortable.

That's good that you got some mother/daughter time to enjoy painting together, Pharma.  I hope you both found this very relaxing.

I agree Candleflame, it does feel perishing cold in the North east.  My feet feel like blocks of ice tonight.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 02 January 23 20:41 GMT (UK) »
I will add my voice to the advice to rest as much as possible Viktoria.

Have managed to upset my neighnour, again without actually doing anythnig.  She is mad that my cat was in making a mess in her kitchen. Although he was asleep in bed with my daughter at the time.  Had New Years dinner at my mum's today.  Took the decorations off the tree today but haven't dismantled the actual tree yet.  Will do that tomorrow.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 02 January 23 21:37 GMT (UK) »
I'm back home!
Flight delayed; because the oven on plane wasn't working and flight crew hadn't eaten for more than 4 hours!
Captain (I presume?) went to Burger King to get sustenance for crew!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 02 January 23 22:26 GMT (UK) »
NHs needs to learn from the airline industry in how it treats it's staff
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 02 January 23 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hope you feel better soon Victoria.

I took down my Christmas tree and the few decorations I’d put out.

My cleaner is due on Wednesday and it’ll mean she can vacuum the whole lounge. I nearly didn’t bother with the Christmas tree this year but I’m glad I did in the end.

2 more sleeps to my appointment, I’ll be glad to get it over. I think this has been one of the worst Christmas and New Year I can remember. Actually it’s been a pretty awful nearly 4 years.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 03 January 23 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Wishing you all the very best  for your appt this week, will  be thinking about you

Take care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London