Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 15th January  (Read 16162 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 15th January
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 14 January 23 12:04 GMT (UK) »
I second that,  we are here as a support to anyone .

Surely courts are there to help  however complicated  a case is,  that is what they get paid for

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 14 January 23 14:02 GMT (UK) »
I second that,  we are here as a support to anyone .

Surely courts are there to help  however complicated  a case is,  that is what they get paid for

LM

They are there to uphold abuser's rights.  They never help, only punish.  The letter I got from the court at the very beginning made it clear that the only way to avoid an adverse outcome was to concede to all demands but I know that he would just ask for more and more.

Feeling upset and angry today.  Yesterday my daughter got another offer yesterday but it was a conditional.  Please don't get me wrong it is not that it is a conditional but what the condition is.  Because of her postcode the condition is that she attend summer school otherwise they think that she wouldn't handle uni.  I have looked it up and the summer school is advertised as for students meeting a list of disadvantages who narrowly missed the entry requirements to help them make up credits.  There are two entry requirements the preferred and the slightly lower minimum, my daughter met the preferred grades so does not need extra credits.  Since she stayed at school, if they wanted to put in a condition they could have asked for a particular grade in one or more of the subjects that she is doing this year.  That seems fairer as would then be based on her personal work and achievements rather than placing an extra barrier in her way (that will have costs attached) based on my failure at life.

To make matters worse the media here is full of articles saying that Edinburgh uni is making offers to poorer students, who don't deserve it at the expense of more deserving students from better backgrounds because they have "gone all woke".  That has infuriated me.  She earned those grades with her own intelligence and hard work and she did this while being dragged through court. AFAIC she earned and deserves her place at least as much as any student out there.  I fully accept that I am a failure, that people view me as sub-human scum, the sign of all that is wrong with this world.  But why do my children have to penalised and written off because of it, it shouldn't wipe out their genuine achievements.  She studied the same courses and sat the same exams as the children of proper parents so her grades should be judged on the same level.

Her Dad's family want her to accept the conditional offer as they see it as such a good university.  I don't want her to as I think the nature of the condition indicates that it would not be a supportive learning environment and may be actively nasty, make her feel like she doesn't belong.  That is not conduisive to her best university experience.  I'd rather she go where she is wanted, excel and show the b****ds
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 14 January 23 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Sorry not to be supportive here Pharma but I have read enough of your posts to know that mostly they consist of your moaning and putting yourself down.

I wonder if your attitude comes across in your childrens' attitudes when they interact with outsiders - university interviews etc and this is why such bodies consider that maybe there will be a problem once they start college.  It is not easy to get through college without some mental anxiety or other and perhaps they are trying to forestall this by suggesting summer school.  I just wonder why you think it is all about you?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 14 January 23 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Sorry not to be supportive here Pharma but I have read enough of your posts to know that mostly they consist of your moaning and putting yourself down.

I wonder if your attitude comes across in your childrens' attitudes when they interact with outsiders - university interviews etc and this is why such bodies consider that maybe there will be a problem once they start college.  It is not easy to get through college without some mental anxiety or other and perhaps they are trying to forestall this by suggesting summer school.  I just wonder why you think it is all about you?

Pheno

Thank you for reminding me what scum I am.  She didn't have an interview so they cannot have picked up on any signals from meeting her.  I do not think it is all about me. I think she should be judged on her own achievements rather than where I can afford for us to live.  They have stated that it is because of her postcode and 3 of her friends in similar postcode areas have had the same response telling me it is about the postcode rather than an individual factor.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Jed59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 14 January 23 14:47 GMT (UK) »
well  said!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 14 January 23 14:54 GMT (UK) »
PT
YOU ARE NOT SCUM

As I see it you are doing your best for your girl's and don't  think otherwise.

None of us can put ourselves in anyone else's shoes and hasn't the right to criticise you, you are doing your best

LM.

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 14 January 23 16:31 GMT (UK) »
PharmaT

You really must stop doing yourself down, you are neither scum, a bad persons nor a bad mother.

You come across as a very capable mother who is making a great success of bringing up your girls in very difficult circumstances. It is not easy for anyone to hold down a job and bring up a family on one’s own, even when they have supportive family or friends.

Instead of constantly belittling yourself, You should hold your head up high and be very proud of yourself. You should keep repeating the following mantra, ‘I am  a good person and a good mother, as good as the next person and better than many.’ If you say it often enough you should start to believe in yourself more.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 14 January 23 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Quite right Jebber

. LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 14 January 23 17:49 GMT (UK) »

Thank you for reminding me what scum I am.  She didn't have an interview so they cannot have picked up on any signals from meeting her.  I do not think it is all about me. I think she should be judged on her own achievements rather than where I can afford for us to live.  They have stated that it is because of her postcode and 3 of her friends in similar postcode areas have had the same response telling me it is about the postcode rather than an individual factor.

Don't think I mentioned the 's' word that you are so fond of.

However, I am fed up with reading your constant opinion of yourself, and then everybody's immediate denials and I can't but think it has rubbed off onto your girls.  Even if it is all to do with postcode areas, and I don't doubt that, your daughters can't fail to pick up on your attitude - and it may stick with them for life.  However much you are damaging yourself, you may be damaging them too.  Isn't there some counselling you could seek?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire