Author Topic: iPad, numbers appear in middle of words  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: iPad, numbers appear in middle of words
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 January 23 08:23 GMT (UK) »
I can't help with your ipad, but I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who goes off line (and unplugs all I can including the router) when there's an electrical storm! Mind you, I have a son who works in IT, so do as he says when it comes to all things computery.

Hi maddys52.  We have surge protectors but I was once told they don’t always work.  If it looks like we will have lightning strikes near us, we try to unplug what we can reach and will turn off unnecessary lights. We live in the “foothills” so lightning strikes are more common (and close by) than when we lived by the coast.  There are a lot of things to avoid (inside a house) during a storm.  If anyone hasn’t read about safety during an electrical storm, it might be a good idea to check it out; it’s better to be prepared.  ;)  I wish I had a son in IT; but he would soon tire of my questions.  ;D
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 January 23 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Mine are all green as well.  I don’t know what Enable Key Flicks is but I think I saw that phrase when I was doing an internet search for my problem.  I will read about it now.  Thank you, mckha489, for your continued interest and question.

Changing key flicks would solve my problem but I like my keyboard the way it is so I won’t change that option.  ;)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 January 23 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

I think from your description you are using the iPads on screen keyboard. You probably already know this but you can get covers with a built in keyboard that may work better with your style of typing. Also has the advantage that you don’t lose half the screen when typing.

Just a thought.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 January 23 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pinetree, I am very electronically challenged.  I have not heard about a built-in keyboard.  I would greatly prefer to avoid having the keyboard block part of the screen.  Thank you for the suggestion; I will look into it!  Thank you very much, Pinetree.

Added:  I need a new case anyway as the current one is falling apart.  It’s certainly something to think about!

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 January 23 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

The Apple ones are called Magic Keyboard but there are much more cost effective compatible ones that are just as good.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 January 23 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the additional details; I will keep that in mind.  Thank you, Pinetree.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 14 January 23 10:58 GMT (UK) »
You can adjust the screen sensitivity on the ipad and how it responds to certain gestures and finger movements

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipadc70af050/ipados

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 14 January 23 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

The Apple ones are called Magic Keyboard but there are much more cost effective compatible ones that are just as good.

Pinetree

My daughter has one of these and it’s very good. I think it was expensive but if you use it daily it could be worth the investment. She’s has a genuine Apple one.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 14 January 23 16:38 GMT (UK) »
You can adjust the screen sensitivity on the ipad and how it responds to certain gestures and finger movements

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipadc70af050/ipados

Falkyrn, thank you for suggesting the link. I will carefully review the different features a bit later today (it’s early and I didn’t sleep well).  Thank you for your help; hopefully one of the options in the link will also make things better.

Hi Ruskie.  Thank you for confirming that a keyboard is a good option!

I do use my iPad every day.  I also spend a lot of time retyping words so all of the suggestions and comments are very helpful!  Thank you all very much for sharing.  :)