Author Topic: Skeen Family Northumberland  (Read 165 times)

Offline Janis S

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Skeen Family Northumberland
« on: Sunday 29 January 23 23:07 GMT (UK) »
I am currently writing a book on my Skeen Family. I have a lot of information on all of them but I need photos of as many as I can find. Looking for photos of Robert Skeen b 1797 at Tweedmouth, a printer in London and photos of his children: James b 1820, Annie b 1822, William 1822, Robert b 1823, Justina b 1824, John Frederick b 1826, Margaret Justina b 1827, Henry b 1831, Anne Elizabeth b 1833, Sarah Isabella b 1837, Rev Samuel Slinn b 1839, George Norman b 1841. Any photos would be great especially of Robert would married Catherine Potter and came to New Zealand, my great great grandfather.
Skeen NZ, Speer Ireland, King NZ & UK, Bremner Wick,Scotland.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Skeen Family Northumberland
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 January 23 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Sounds like ... Skene - Skeen
In the 50s and 60s the Crown Hotel in Saltcoats, North Ayrshire, Scotland was owned by a Mrs Skene.
Worth checking ?
cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.