Author Topic: Romani DNA update  (Read 433 times)

Offline LockeRoots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Romani DNA update
« on: Sunday 19 February 23 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Thought I would share with you all the latest DNA evidence.

I have been saying this for over a decade, that I strongly believed all the Romani paternal lineages whom are in Y Haplogroup H-M82*, likely shared a common male ancestor some where way back in all our family trees, regardless our surnames used today.

Thanks to Romani men being Big Y 700 DNA tested, we now have far stronger evidence then ever before! In the attached image, each paternal Romani lineage marked in the Red box, clearly all descended from the same Parent SNP, known as Y Haplogroup H-BY47158.

In layman's terms, the early evidence is clearly showing each paternal lineage did indeed descend from the same Parent SNP, Y Haplogroup H-BY47158. Each Romani paternal lineage comes from various regions around Europe and the UK as well as the USA.

Romanies from Finland, Scotland, England / UK, Moldova, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Germany, Ireland by way of Scotland, and Israel are represented in the image.

As more Romani men get themselves Big Y 700 DNA tested, we can expect to see much more of the same, that all the Romani paternal lineages whom are in this rare South Asian Y Haplogroup H-M82, very likely all descended from the same Parent SNP, Y Haplogroup H-BY47158.
Lock / Locke unofficial single surname study.

Admin. of the Locke Y DNA project which includes the Lock surname.
Admin. of the Lock / Locke Genealogy & DNA facebook page.

Y DNA participant of Group 2 in the Locke DNA project.
Y Haplogroup H- M82 ( H-BY67262 )

Offline LockeRoots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Romani DNA update
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 23 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Using Family Tree DNA's new Time Tree, I transcribed the dates for each SNP born downstream of
Y Haplogroup H-BY47158.

See the attached image.

As you will see in this image, Y Haplogroup H-BY47158 was born around the year 696 CE, indicating that the Romani paternal lineage is far older then previously known about by many hundreds of years.
Lock / Locke unofficial single surname study.

Admin. of the Locke Y DNA project which includes the Lock surname.
Admin. of the Lock / Locke Genealogy & DNA facebook page.

Y DNA participant of Group 2 in the Locke DNA project.
Y Haplogroup H- M82 ( H-BY67262 )