Author Topic: Hibbert/Heathcote/Coghlan Blackburn, Lancs.  (Read 138 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hibbert/Heathcote/Coghlan Blackburn, Lancs.
« on: Tuesday 14 March 23 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Have had no luck finding Elsie Coghlan, registered Mar 1910, in Blackburn.  In the 1911 census she appears with her mother Sarah (nee Hibbert), a widow. 

Sarah was the widow of George Henry Coghlan who had died in 1908.  In 1911 she is living with Richard S. Heathcote as his servant.  He is listed as married, and had mistakenly entered his number of children, those alive, as had Sarah.
Sarah had just the one child, Elsie, obviously not Coghlan's child, but possibly Heathcote's, who was taken to court in 1909 by his wife Elizabeth, claiming desertion and abuse.

Elsie, as Hibbert, is with her mother in 1921, no sign of Richard, and very likely Sarah died in 1926 in Blackburn.  I cannot find any trace of Elsie after this, and have checked under all three surnames.  Perhaps fresh eyes might find her for me!

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hibbert/Heathcote/Coghlan Blackburn, Lancs.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Do you know an exact dob for Elsie, I suspect not.

John

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Elsie's birth was registered in the March qtr of 1910 so there is the possibility she was b late 1909 & her birth registered after Christmas
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 17:26 GMT (UK) »
No, I don’t.
Yes, I realize that.  I looked at some marriages and on the 1939 but found nothing conclusive.  Checked deaths, passenger lists, etc, no joy.